• Register
  • Help

Topic: Your Views on using Symphony of Voices

Share/Bookmark

Your Views on using Symphony of Voices

I've had SoV for years now and used it extensively.
    Initially I used it with Kontakt 1 and then recently Kontakt 3.
    I found that it sounded better in K1 and I have to do lots of tweaking of the ADSR in 3 to make it more natural.

Now, SoV is available in Omnisphere, so I was wondering what experiences you folks have and whether you prefer to use it in Omni now or continue in, say Kontakt.

It'll be interesting to share different views
    Neil B
    Pentium 4 PC Windows XP Home 32 bit 3.6 Ghz, Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian, Kontakt 3, GPO 3, EWQLSC, Scope Pulsar II, Cubase 4.5

Re: Your Views on using Symphony of Voices

Since I bought Omnisphere, I have a new appreciation for SOV.
    It seems like the entire library is included and it sounds fantastic. It's so much easier to work with these samples in Omni and for a mock-up, it's great to have them so easily accessible.
    I have Symphonic Choirs as well and for working initially I will use the SOV samples first.

Funny thing. I just saw SOV on sale at audiomidi for $479.00. Omnisphere is also there for $475.00. Hmmm... I pity the dude that has an extra $4.00 in his wallet...

Darren

PS SOV in Omnishere is pretty incredible, especially when you have the option of taking those raw waveforms and mangling them with the Steam Engine. Can't do too much of that in Kontakt. Plus...I hear Omnisphere also has a few other sounds, in addition to SOV, as well...

Darren
    www.darrenpasdernick.com
    "Every time you play a wrong note God kills a kitten."

Strange then that I seem to have a mental block about using SoV in Omni.
    For some reason when I think "I'll add some choir Aahs", I go straight to Kontakt!

Must try them in Omni this weekend.
    Neil B
    Pentium 4 PC Windows XP Home 32 bit 3.6 Ghz, Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian, Kontakt 3, GPO 3, EWQLSC, Scope Pulsar II, Cubase 4.5

Go Back to forum