• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Is Garritan represented at NAMM?

Share/Bookmark

Is Garritan represented at NAMM?

I realise that Gary himself is unlikely to be there with his wife unwell, but is Garritan being represented by anyone at NAMM, and does the company have anything new and shiny to show off?

A major competitor has just revealed a certain library, and was wondering if Garritan had an answer yet..

Re: Is Garritan represented at NAMM?

We're at NAMM at the same booth as most of the past years, sharing the space with SteptimeWare, our North American distributor. Gary isn't at the show. We've been demoing released and upcoming products such as Personal Orchestra, Steinway, World instruments, Jazz and Big band, Concert and Marching Band. There's been a lot of people coming by, and really positive reception.

Oh please tell me there's something new to show concerning Garritan Strings V2.

Thanks

World instruments is the new one in that list. Any chance of seeing some info about it online? Not everyone can get to NAMM

Hi,

I'd like to hear more news abour the development of the awaited GPOA, GOS2, and of course the Choirs ;-).

It would be good if you say some words about this.

I'm wondering if I should wait for at least GPOA or get something from the competition (IK Miroslav Philharmonik or Peter Siedlaczek Complete Classical Collection)...

Here we go again.

<Sigh>

What do you mean ?

It's been a LONG time since I've followed the latest Garritan news, and I see that finally nothing has been said in between.

So as I got the cash saved for orchestral libraries, I'm wondering if it's good to wait some more or if it's still "far away".

BTW the K-Slash - this is not just for you - a lot of us (read that ME) can be impatient. We have recurring threads about wanting to know release dates.

Any new libraries will be done when they are done.
    Announcing a release date is foolhardy at best.
    We are not "owed" an explanation or a date - the sense of entitlement in America is something else and I guess will never go away.
    Complaining will not get new software released any sooner.

Just because there may have not been any word about the new this or that, does not mean they now are "required" to tell us something.

Use what you have or go ahead and buy something else.
    I really think that many (including me) never really get all they can out of the of the software they have. Or, it also may be a lack of skill in MIDI, articulation use, orchestrating skills, arranging skills, basic knowledge of music theory, etc.

I am looking forward big time to the Garritan Choirs library, but I am not letting the wait stop me from writing music.

Sorry about the sermon, but I could not help myself.
    I'll go to the back pew now.

Amen.
    MacPro 2.66 - Tiger & Snow Leopard / 16GB RAM / several TB of HD space/ Garritan Libraries / EWQLSO Platinum PLAY / Omnisphere/ Kontakt 2 & 3 / Finale 2010 /DP5/ a VERY patient wife!

Hi,

I agree with all that, I'm not stopping making music or so on.

I'm just looking for more tone and versatility these days and was just wondering if something was worth the wait, as Garritan is at the NAMM show right now.

So as it's a place where companies present news products, and sometimes products that are almost finished and ready to release, I was asking, just curious.

Don't take it as "what the hell, hurry up I want that new shiny software" .

That's not how I see NEW things.

Anyway I'll be looking forward to what they will come up with.

We agree - but new and shiny is FUN!
    MacPro 2.66 - Tiger & Snow Leopard / 16GB RAM / several TB of HD space/ Garritan Libraries / EWQLSO Platinum PLAY / Omnisphere/ Kontakt 2 & 3 / Finale 2010 /DP5/ a VERY patient wife!

Go Back to forum