• Register
  • Help

Topic: Aldemaro Romero - De Conde A Principal - Sax Qtet

Share/Bookmark

Aldemaro Romero - De Conde A Principal - Sax Qtet

This is a little arrangement of a popular venezuelan waltz composed by that great venezuelan composer Aldemaro Romero (1928-2007). It was performanced using EWI USB with ARIA software and Garritan sounds in Cubase SX3. Performance and arragement by this server. Hope you enjoi it.

http://www.box.net/shared/n3np1xa0ol
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fd-hawbEG-o

Re: Aldemaro Romero - De Conde A Principal - Sax Qtet

Hi "AND",

That was great! A REALLY beautiful piece ... the melodic flow and harmonies were so Latin; just a terrific composition ... and performance on your part.

The EWI certainly makes a difference in making sample libraries sound more realistic. I've considered getting one some day. I have a question for you: Is there a way to introduce vibrato with an EWI? I noticed there was very little vibrato in your perfomance, but I thought it was because you were going for a more classical sound.

Fantastic job!

Regards,

Frank

Quote Originally Posted by Frank D View Post
    Hi "AND",

That was great! A REALLY beautiful piece ... the melodic flow and harmonies were so Latin; just a terrific composition ... and performance on your part.

The EWI certainly makes a difference in making sample libraries sound more realistic. I've considered getting one some day. I have a question for you: Is there a way to introduce vibrato with an EWI? I noticed there was very little vibrato in your perfomance, but I thought it was because you were going for a more classical sound.

Fantastic job!

Regards,

Frank
    Thanks for your words Frank¡¡

Well, I am playing without using vibrato because on EWI USB I cant find the way of how to do it....some people in others forums says that it`s possible by controlling the air flow inward the device by using the lips and the checks....I tried to do it without desidered results.

Very nice indeed. The playing has its own style, like a different instrument, but natural. Did you arrange it for sax quartet?
    Theo

Verdadero estupendo, really great and intimate. Very good rendering, just enough reverb and outstanding balance.

I enjoyed this piece very much,

Muchas gracias amigo,

Raymond

Quote Originally Posted by FLWrd View Post
    Very nice indeed. The playing has its own style, like a different instrument, but natural. Did you arrange it for sax quartet?
    This arragement is originally for flute quartet (3 C flutes and an alto flute, adapted for four flutes in C), but I decided to translate to sax qtet because of their particular sonoritya...strong and charming at the same time....it was just an experiment that I believe was sucessfull

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond62 View Post
    Verdadero estupendo, really great and intimate. Very good rendering, just enough reverb and outstanding balance.

I enjoyed this piece very much,

Muchas gracias amigo,

Raymond
    Con todo el gusto del mundo...para ustedes¡¡

Steamy Latin music for night time in Caracas - exotic and evocative from the inside out and the outside in, thank you for sharing!!

Best regards,
    sd cisco

Go Back to forum