• Register
  • Help

Topic: Does GPO use atertouch and mod wheel?

Share/Bookmark

Does GPO use atertouch and mod wheel?

Hi there,

I'm trying to decide which orchestra to go with, and I'm kind of stuck.

Does the GPO 4 allow a note that is being held to become louder by pressing down on aftertouch or by using the mod wheel?

One other thing, is there a simple timpani roll sample one can buy, since GPO doesn't come with one?

Also, if anyone could let me know if GPO 4 is compatible with Logic 7.2 I'd appreciate it.

Thank you!

Re: Does GPO use atertouch and mod wheel?

Hi, Fantastic--I'll take at your first two questions, leaving the Logic info to a Logic user.

"...Does the GPO 4 allow a note that is being held to become louder by pressing down on aftertouch or by using the mod wheel?.."

Mod wheel controls the volume on the pitched instruments. They're very responsive to cc1, with the timbre changing along with the volume. I think you'll be very happy with the way it works.

Tympani roll - I strongly recommend that you Don't seek out a roll sample. Very inflexible. It's easy to get good rolls in GPO. A couple of tutorials were posted recently - The key is you want to Play your rolls with your keyboard, then tweak. Dang--I came here without the thread URL - In the technical Forum. I'll come back with it.

EDIT: Tympani Roll Tutorials

Randy

Re: Does GPO use atertouch and mod wheel?

Quote Originally Posted by FantasticNinety View Post
    Also, if anyone could let me know if GPO 4 is compatible with Logic 7.2 I'd appreciate it.
    It's compatible with Logic 7.2, 8 and 9. I checked all on an Intel mac though, if you want it checked on an older model, tell me.
    Theo

Go Back to forum