• Register
  • Help

Topic: String Articulations

Share/Bookmark

String Articulations

I've got a question for GPO users out there...

I was curious if anyone has been able to create different string articulations (staccato, jete, portato, etc) by adjusting the velocity and length controller. I know we're all anxiously waiting for GOS2, but in the meantime, I was curious if anyone had any settings they used to simulate different bowing techniques.

Thanks.

Re: String Articulations

Staccato: try the up/down/auto-alternate patches or key switches, and play around with the controls and the length of the notes (the section strings differ from the solo strings at this point). I don't know precisely what a marcato is, but if it is what I think it is, you can get it with the "short+sus AG" patch with a high note velocity or you can try layering the up/down bows on top of one of the sustained patches. Portato can be achieved by using the mod wheel to shape the contour of the note.

Please correct me if I'm wrong...
    Theo

--You do realize that the strings have several articulation choices in the library, Pizz, Tremolo, Trills, Mutes. And then as FLWrd indicated, there are the various short bows, sustains and lush versions which with clever arranging can achieve most any sound you want.

People are indeed looking forward to GOS2, but you realize the original version was a high-end, high-price library and the update is likely to be also. Quite a few of us won't have room in our budget for that. We'll be continuing to get the most out of GPO we can - and that's a lot.

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    People are indeed looking forward to GOS2, but you realize the original version was a high-end, high-price library and the update is likely to be also. Quite a few of us won't have room in our budget for that. We'll be continuing to get the most out of GPO we can - and that's a lot.

Randy
    if I know Gary Garritan, his new string library will be affordable by all musicians,
    and will be not anywhere close to the original GOS price.
    Dan

Quote Originally Posted by DPDAN View Post
    if I know Gary Garritan, his new string library will be affordable by all musicians,
    and will be not anywhere close to the original GOS price.
    Dan
    GOS(h) that's nice.

Raymond

Go Back to forum