• Register
  • Help

Topic: Can Someone Name These Products?

Share/Bookmark

Can Someone Name These Products?

Hey Everyone,

There are two products that I cannot for the life of me remember what they are. The first is the product used for the excellent orchestration online course here at Northern Sounds that displays a score, plays it and has a cursor follow in time with the cursor. The second is a similar product that someone on the forum used or linked to or something or other that was similar to the first product. I've looked but cannot find either. Can anyone help?

Thanks,
    Kevin
    We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams …
    24" 2.4 Ghz iMac, OSX 10.4.10, MOTU 828 MKII, 2 Glyph 250 Gig external drives, Logic 9, Finale 2008 GPO, JABB, Strad, Gro, Reason 4, EWQL Storm Drum, Adrenaline, Symphonic Choirs, SO Gold,All Arturia Synths, Many NI Synths, Spectrasonics Synths, KH Strings, VEPro on a Windows 7 4x 2.8 Ghz 12 gig of RAM

Re: Can Someone Name These Products?

flash?....

There may be mnore than that. One online sheet music store I use has the "MusicNotes Music Viewer", which behaves as you descrbe.
    http://www.musicnotes.com/sheetmusic...1&affsid=MN-60

If you don't have it installed already, you'll have to download it. Once you do that, however, you're fine.

I think this thread will answer your question. Someone else had the same question and Gary gave a brief explanation.

http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...ighlight=flash

Give that a shot.

Thanks for the replies everyone. This is a big help. I could have sworn there was another product that did something similar. I can't put my finger on it and it is driving me nuts. It seems like there was something else. Maybe something Randy Bowser posted? Maybe I am just dreaming and that is why I can't find it.

-Kevin
    24" 2.4 Ghz iMac, OSX 10.4.10, MOTU 828 MKII, 2 Glyph 250 Gig external drives, Logic 9, Finale 2008 GPO, JABB, Strad, Gro, Reason 4, EWQL Storm Drum, Adrenaline, Symphonic Choirs, SO Gold,All Arturia Synths, Many NI Synths, Spectrasonics Synths, KH Strings, VEPro on a Windows 7 4x 2.8 Ghz 12 gig of RAM

Camtasia Studio by TechSmith?
    Derek Brodie
    i7 920, 12Gb 1600 DDR3, Win 7 Pro 64 bit
    Audiophile 192, Axiom 49, BX5a Monitors, Sennheiser HD650
    Sonar 8.5.2 PE, Fin 2k7c - 2k10b, Sibelius 6.10
    VDL:2.5, GPO4, JABB, CoMB, CHH v1.5 & v2
    EWQL: SO Plat +, SD2 Pro, Pianos, Goliath, Silk, SC exp, RA & Gypsy

Sibelious has a product called Scorch that does that, too.

Hey Mad Kittie,
    I think Camtasia could do a good job capturing something like Finale or Sibelius playing the music. It is a great tool that I use a good bit. Thanks for the idea.

HongKong, I had forgotten about Scorch! Thanks for bringing it up, this could be the solution for me.

-Kevin

.............or, Notation Player.

Quote Originally Posted by LFO View Post

HongKong, I had forgotten about Scorch! Thanks for bringing it up, this could be the solution for me.

-Kevin
    I think Scorch requires a plugin if I'm not mistaken. So if this is for a website people will have to download and install that before they can see/play your score. Just something to think about.

There's also a free screen capture software called Wink. It may not be as robust and flexible as Camtasia though.

Go Back to forum