• Register
  • Help

Topic: Descension (trying out Morphestra)

Share/Bookmark

Descension (trying out Morphestra)

My first piece using Sample Logic's Morphestra. It's really an awesome library. Some VSL Vienna, Heavocity Evolve and Tonehammer stuff + two sounds from Project Sam Symphobia can also be heard.

Descension

Sounds kinda like the menu music in some futuristic shooter game or something, hehe. Tried to make it both techy and epic. Hope you like!
    /the Babies

Re: Descension (trying out Morphestra)

Nice!!!
    Film Composer - www.juhanalehtiniemi.com
    My latest project: Our first indie pop -single, produced in Ableton Live, available also on iTunes and Amazon
    Mac Pro 6-core 3.33GHz

Thanks!
    /the Babies

Hi Martin,

Sounds very good. The percussion really works well.

regards John

Thank you John!
    /the Babies

Quote Originally Posted by MartinBabies View Post
    My first piece using Sample Logic's Morphestra. It's really an awesome library. Some VSL Vienna, Heavocity Evolve and Tonehammer stuff + two sounds from Project Sam Symphobia can also be heard.

Descension

Sounds kinda like the menu music in some futuristic shooter game or something, hehe. Tried to make it both techy and epic. Hope you like!
    Thanks for the Share, sounds great!

What do you think of Morphestra so far? I've been tossing on deciding to purchase it over elements, air, or synergy.

Thanks,

big~C
    Mac Pro 8-Core, Logic 9, Ableton 8, Omni, RMX, Komplete, Samples-n-Samples, Speak-n-Spell, Schroeder's Piano, Mcpherson Guitars, and a Partridge Family 8-Track

I'm not crazy about Elements, AIR or Synergy... but I really like Morphestra. I think it's just a more useable product, with more contemporary sounds. And sooooooo many of them!

Kerry

I think Morphestra is really worth the money. There are ALOT of sounds in there.. Really well produced and it's fun to tweak with the built in effects. And I really like the fact that it comes on a harddrive even though it's only 27 gb in size.

One thing that makes Morphestra great is that they have used many acoustic instruments in the making of the library. Sometimes you can easily hear that you're playing a piano or guitar and sometimes it's barely recognizable due to all their tweaking. This makes for very original sounds that cannot be achieved with just synthesizers.

The only thing I'm 100% satisfied with is that there could be more minimalistic loops like hihats and stuff. There, Heavocity Evolve is better. But Morphestra is a very good library and I really recommend it for anyone who wants to make this kind of stuff.
    /the Babies

Thanks for the replies, I was actually leaning more toward Synergy or Elements purely for the "style" of material that seemed to be in there, but I think I'll give Morphestra a shot as my first SL purchase to see how I like it.

Maybe SL will come out with an "EXP" version of Morphestra with some more Minimalist action in her.

big~C
    Mac Pro 8-Core, Logic 9, Ableton 8, Omni, RMX, Komplete, Samples-n-Samples, Speak-n-Spell, Schroeder's Piano, Mcpherson Guitars, and a Partridge Family 8-Track

Go Back to forum