• Register
  • Help

Topic: Sonata for Violin and Piano e-minor I. Allegro ma non troppo

Share/Bookmark

Sonata for Violin and Piano e-minor I. Allegro ma non troppo

Here I present to you my first movement for a Violin Sonate in e-minor
    I. Allegro ma non troppo. I hope you will enjoy this work just as much as I do:

www.gerdprengel.de/violinsonata-1.mp3
    http://gerdprengel.de/violinsonata-1.pdf

Gerd Prengel

Re: Sonata for Violin and Piano e-minor I. Allegro ma non troppo

Hello Gerd;
    An interesting and energetic first movement - I thoroughly enjoyed it and will listen to additional movements, should you post them. The piano sounded quite natural although the violin voice is a bit skinny and could have used more expression. Still the notes are there and it kept my attention till the end!

Thank you for posting, Gerd, I look forward to more!!

Best regards,
    sd cisco

Quote Originally Posted by sd cisco View Post
    I thoroughly enjoyed it and will listen to additional movements, should you post them.
    Thank you, cd cisco,
    I am already working on the second movement (a very melodic and melancholic Andante) and then the third (a Tarentella) will follow ...

Regards
    Gerd

Hi Gerd,

Wow ... that was spectacular! This was really good. The lines have such momentum to them. Your phrases have such a flowing manner, and the violin-piano dialogue sustained my interest throughout.

While I was listening to your piece, I noticed you very generously included the score for this, so after it played through, I gave it a second listen following along with the score. There is much to be learned from your piece; thanks for sharing the score.

Which violin and piano did you use? Also, did you create this in your notation program or in a sequencer? Your mix was very good as well.

Bravo! ... and I look forward to the next movements, especially the Tarentella!

Regards,

Frank

Thank you very much for providing the score, I love following along while listening. Sounded very good and i especially liked it because the classical forms don't always get a lot of attention from contemporary composers.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank D View Post
    Hi Gerd,

Wow ... that was spectacular! ...
    Which violin and piano did you use? Also, did you create this in your notation program or in a sequencer? Your mix was very good as well.
    Thank you! I used the "Violin 1 Cagli Solo KS" and the Steinway Piano from the GPO (Standard Edition). I don't know why but somehow I prefer this to the Strativary. Somehow it seems to be stronger in the sound. Strativary seems to be very soft in the sound.

I created this just in my notation programm (Finale 2008a). Unfortuneately I don't know how to work with sequencer programs(too complicated for my little brain).

Gerd

Go Back to forum