• Register
  • Help

Topic: Cannot find vst plug-in for GPO4 Aria Player in Sonar

Share/Bookmark

Cannot find vst plug-in for GPO4 Aria Player in Sonar

Hello Everyone,

I am sorry if posting to the wrong place. Please advice me if you can. Sometimes ago I upgraded the GPO to the Aria version. I am using Sonar Producer version 8. While I can still use the Kontakt version, I cannot find the vst plug-in for Aria Player.

I am also using Finale 2009. There is no problem with Finale because it can use both Aria Finale version as well as Aria player that comes with the GPO4. Even if I am trying to copy the vst files of both version into Sonar vst or soft-synth directory, it still shows only the Finale and the Kontakt version.

Thanks in advance for your kind advice.

Best Regards,

Symon

Re: Cannot find vst plug-in for GPO4 Aria Player in Sonar

It is all about the .dll files. Find where they are, leave them there and tell SONAR where to look in the Plugin Manager or move/copy them to the location you want.

After installation the ARIA (GPO4) there should be a folder named: GARRITAN. In the folder you will find these: ARIA Player Multi VST_x86.dll and others.

Raymond

Quote Originally Posted by symon View Post
    Hello Everyone,

I am sorry if posting to the wrong place. Please advice me if you can. Sometimes ago I upgraded the GPO to the Aria version. I am using Sonar Producer version 8. While I can still use the Kontakt version, I cannot find the vst plug-in for Aria Player.

I am also using Finale 2009. There is no problem with Finale because it can use both Aria Finale version as well as Aria player that comes with the GPO4. Even if I am trying to copy the vst files of both version into Sonar vst or soft-synth directory, it still shows only the Finale and the Kontakt version.

Thanks in advance for your kind advice.

Best Regards,

Symon
    Inside of SONAR try going to <Options | Global | VST Plugins Tab>. If you know the folders that Aria was saved in, you can add the folders locations to the search by clicking on [Add].

Simply hit the [Scan VST Folders] button and you should be good.

- Chad

Dear Raymond and Chad,

Thank you very much for your advice. I just followed your advice and in fact I found that the "Scan VST" button was frozen and could not enable anymore. I need to re-install the Sonar again and copy the Player Multi VST_x86.dll into the vst folder and now it works fine.

Best Regards,

Symon

Glad to hear that you are up and running.

Quote Originally Posted by symon View Post
    Dear Raymond and Chad,

Thank you very much for your advice. I just followed your advice and in fact I found that the "Scan VST" button was frozen and could not enable anymore. I need to re-install the Sonar again and copy the Player Multi VST_x86.dll into the vst folder and now it works fine.

Best Regards,

Symon
    Unfortunately, I still cannot get my GPO4 to show us as a plug-in in Sonar 5. I used the VST wizard and showed Sonar where the files are, it reads them and everything looks OK. Then, when I try to access GPO4 as a plugin it does not appear. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by DavidMorehead View Post
    Unfortunately, I still cannot get my GPO4 to show us as a plug-in in Sonar 5. I used the VST wizard and showed Sonar where the files are, it reads them and everything looks OK. Then, when I try to access GPO4 as a plugin it does not appear. Any ideas?
    When you go to insert a soft synth in your Sonar project, you need to look for Garritan>Aria, not GPO4. Aria is the soft synth, GPO4 is one of the libraries to use in it, The Steinway being the other one, and soon all of the Garritan Libraries will be available through Aria.

An important tip - It makes life much easier if you use only one VST folder for all your soft synths. When installing a synth, one of the pop-ups during installation is where you'd like the wizard to place the synth's .dll file. Always direct it to the VST folder inside your Cakewalk master folder. If you've neglected to do that, it's then second best practice to copy the .dlls into that folder. The least satisfactory method is to list multiple places for Sonar to search for .dll files, because it can get confusing.

Randy B.

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    ..... Always direct it to the VST folder inside your Cakewalk master folder. If you've neglected to do that, it's then second best practice to copy the .dlls into that folder. The least satisfactory method is to list multiple places for Sonar to search for .dll files, because it can get confusing.

Randy B.
    Hello Symon,

I too use Sonar and I have Finale. I completely agree with Randy and would always install the .dlls into Sonar's own VST folder. Alternatively, after install, locate the .dll and copy then into Sonar's own folder.

I would never have my .dlls somewhere else on my hard drive then have Sonar search for them. I do exactly the same with Finale, ie copy the .dll directly into Finale's VST folder.
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

Go Back to forum