• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: Kirk Hunter Concert Strings II Free Demo Download

Share/Bookmark

Kirk Hunter Concert Strings II Free Demo Download

Free Concert Strings II Download - KONTAKT Version

The size of the free version is only about 4GB expanded, but represents all of the features of Concert Strings II using the TVEC II programming.

What is the difference between the full version and the free version?
    - The free version will time out after some time. However, you can re-launch the patch to resume the demo.
    - The free version is 16 bit. The full version is 24 bit.
    - The free version has truncated samples without loops or with very irregular loop points. We felt that having the longest sustained sample being 1.5 seconds long was long enough to get an idea of the playability, sound and vibrato/dynamics programming. (We did not want to give away the perfect samples, after all.) All of the sustain samples in the full version are nicely looped, even the solo samples.
    - The free version contains only violins, violas and cellos, no basses or combination patches. However, this DOES include all 4 divisions.
    - The free version contains only one "QUAD" patch per section, whereas the full version contains over 1400 patches. We felt that the "QUAD" patch was the best one to demo because you can try all of the TVEC II features
    - BE SURE YOU HAVE THE FULL VERSION OF KONTAKT 3.5 OR NEWER TO USE THIS LIBRARY.

NOTE:
    Currently, we are re-programming our round robin script to be even more useful. While we are doing this, the free download will no longer be available. Once we are finished with the programming, we will once again provide free downloads.)

To download this free demo, go to http://www.kirkhunterstudios.com/sig...e_cs2_demo.php

If you get a "not found" prompt, then try later. This is because the upload is not yet complete.
    Last edited by KirkHunter; 02-13-2010 at 01:41 PM. Reason: update information

Re: Kirk Hunter Concert Strings II Free Demo Download

Very cool. Cant wait to try it out!

Ok, it's up.

hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the reg page works, the download claims that the URL is bad or the file does not exist...

I'll try again later...

Very excited about this!
    Bill Thompson
    Audio Enterprise
    KB3KJF

We had some server issues because a LOT of you were downloading at the same time. If you try again, everything should be ok now.

Thank you for this. I will definitely try them out.
    Pasi Pitkänen
    Website | Facebook

for the curious... I was able to download the demo this morning. It weigh's in at an impressive 2.3 GB, if that's an issue for you.

Film at 11...
    Bill Thompson
    Audio Enterprise
    KB3KJF

Very cool, Kirk.

I think this is the best way to do demos.

I have a slow internet and have only dl the violines, will download the other tomorrow. Hope this works, because there is written: download at once.

Thanks again

Gunther
    "Music is the shorthand of emotion." Leo Tolstoy

Listen to me, tuning my triangle http://www.box.net/shared/ae822u6r3i

The Divisilive and VibratoLive seem really useful. The library sounds very good.
    This is the first time I've played a library with divisi capabilities... it will be hard to go back to my other (non-divisi) samples.

I spent a couple of hours with just the violin part of the demo, and all I can say is "WOW"! I had no idea a string library could be that flexible or that much fun!

It took a while to really understand the Divisi feature (yeah, probably could have read the docs, but where's the fun in that?) But once I got the idea I was having great fun.

Sadly my poor ancient hardware is barely up to the task of playing back even one instance, so I may have to make some other (less musical) upgrades before jumping in with both feet, but I did want to vote "yes - if you are even thinking about a string library you should probably check this out". (Kirk, you can send the money, in small unmarked bills, to the usual address!)

One minor quibble, and I think it has to do with becoming accustomed to specialized libraries, but as lovely as they strings are, I had a real difficult time getting them to sound different. As an example, I grew up in Philly during the heyday of the Gamble and Huff/MFSB sound. I'm still looking for that sheen in a string library. I even know how they did it, and I've tried various tricks to emulate the set up, but thus far nothing has made me sit up and smile.

Anyway, an outstanding accomplishment... and well worth the time to download, decompress, and load into Kontakt.
    Bill Thompson
    Audio Enterprise
    KB3KJF

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast