• Register
  • Help

Topic: Chopin (b. 1810) Nocturne in F#

Share/Bookmark

Chopin (b. 1810) Nocturne in F#

This year we are celebrating the bicentenary of Chopin's birth in 1810.
    I have recorded the F sharp Nocturne "live" using Cubase Studio 4 and G.A. Steinway.
    It's one of the most attractive of his Nocturnes, in F sharp major op. 15/2, written around 1830.
    His understanding of the nature of the piano is unsurpassed; only Liszt equalled him in that respect.

I hope you enjoy!

http://www.box.net/shared/9hbgagqnfd

Re: Chopin (b. 1810) Nocturne in F#

Yes that is a nice piece. Thank you. Some books tell you his birthday was the first of March, others put his birthday on the 22nd of February. I go for the February, because that same day is also my birthday. Huray!!!!

I will ask him the exact date...... but not now.

Raymond

Very nice - I hope to hear more. By the way, do you happen to know when the celebration for his birthday will be? A quick web search showed that he is believed to have been born on February 22 but that his family always celebrated his birth or name day on March 1.

Perfectly beautiful! You love this music very much to learn it and then play with such feeling - a perfect prelude to sweet dreams!
    Wonderful job on this, thank you for sharing!!

Best regards,
    sd cisco

Lovely playing of a lovely piece, Eugene!

You pick all my favorites.............
    I hope you will leave some for me to perform too...

~Yudit~

Excellent job, Lad! I thoroughly enjoyed your interpretation of this Chopin masterpiece written not long after his teen years. The Steinway sounds great also.

I still maintain that you are the most talented young Lad on the Emerald Isle.

Thanks for posting.

My Best,
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Eugene:

A very convincing and beautiful rendition of this Chopin Nocturne.

Your understanding of this piece is obvious and your player
    execution is excellent. Very nice touch and such a beautiful
    Garritan Steinway result.

BRAVO, Eugene

Jack
    Jack Cannon--MacBook Pro (2015, 13") GPO4/5, JABB3, Auth. STEINWAY, YAMAHA CFX, Gofriller CELLO, Stradivari VIOLIN, COMB2, WORLD, HARPS, PIPE ORGANS, FINALE 2014.5, Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 9.5, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express, MacBook Pro (2012, 13") 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

You play some pretty mean Chopin, mister. Thanks for sharing.
    Theo

Thanks sincerely to everyone who sent such favourable comments to the performance of the F# Nocturne. I don't know the exact month of Chopin's birth - February or March. However I think we can spend the whole year celebrating it!
    Any other Chopin players/enthusiasts out there who would like to post a Chopin work to keep the celebration going?

Quote Originally Posted by Eugene View Post
    Thanks sincerely to everyone who sent such favourable comments to the performance of the F# Nocturne. I don't know the exact month of Chopin's birth - February or March. However I think we can spend the whole year celebrating it!
    Any other Chopin players/enthusiasts out there who would like to post a Chopin work to keep the celebration going?
    Yes, at my website, but sorry guys, this sequence is only for Erard Grand and we are supposed to have only Garritan stuff around at this forum.

Raymond

Go Back to forum