• Register
  • Help

Topic: Are there REALLY great electric guitars in Gig format ?

Share/Bookmark

Are there REALLY great electric guitars in Gig format ?

Hello, guys,
    I slowly but surely make up my mind to buying GS...
    I, Mac user, don\'t like Windows that much, but am ready to make an agreement with it just to finally have very realistic sounds in my sonic arsenal...
    and it seems PC/GS is the only solution on Earth at present !
    But, sadly, at first glance in the site\'s library corner, I\'ve not seen what is one of my dearest Holy Musical Grails : a soundbank dedicated to realistically playable -preferably clean- : Strats, Teles, Les Paul, and other electric vintage 6-strings monsters...
    There might be the \"Sonic Implants\" cd, but it rather seems like conventionnal Akai/Emu translated into GS (so it might be good, but probably not as thorough as Giga-native would allow to...)
    So, help me make the final decision, tell me that I\'m wrong and that I can easily find terrific clean electric guitars with many types of articulations/strums/chords... for GS !!
    (I\'ve been quite impressed with Scarbee\'s fingered solo bass demo, but would be even more with something that good for guitar...)
    Thanks everybody !
    ------
    (Some really jazzy tones \"à la\" Joe Pass or G.Benson and the like, with sophisticated m9 or #11 chord inversions, would really be a very delightful \"plus\", too... )

Re: Are there REALLY great electric guitars in Gig format ?

Pute Guitars has the best nylon string acoustic samples available as well as some very good steel strings stuff. Quantum Leap Guitar has everything you are looking for. The acoustic stuff is not as good, but the electric stuff is very cool. I do not like Max Strength Acoustic Guitar quite as much.

Hi sirbellog:

Nick Phoenix (Quantum Leap Brass) will release a Telecaster/Stratocaster - I think November is the date. It will probably be the best electric Guitar Library yet - according to the specs.

Scarbee

------------------
    Visit www.scarbee.com and check out the demoes from The Scarbee Bass Libraries

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SCARBEE:
    Hi sirbellog:

Nick Phoenix (Quantum Leap Brass) will release a Telecaster/Stratocaster - I think November is the date. It will probably be the best electric Guitar Library yet - according to the specs.

Maybe, I will create Scarbee Guitar libraries in the future, but It is very far away.

Scarbee

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I\'ve been putting together my virtual rock band for over a year now using GigaStudio as the driving force. Electric guitar is the ONLY thing in my setup that has taken the most time to achieve an acceptable sound. There are several acoustic libraries available, you\'ll have no problem there. I have bought every electric guitar sample available. I\'m able to achieve a decent sound (fat) using almost all of them layered. Be prepared to spend lots of money and then being frustrated to only find 1 or 2 useable samples on a cd. The libraries mentioned already are really the only ones available in Giga format. I have read where there are several electric guitar libraries coming out in the near future. I think you\'ll find the Sonic Implants stuff the best \"general\" sounding samples available anywhere. They are very playable and are great when layered with other samples and mixed properly.

If I find the time, I will upload a small demo to give you an idea of the sound I am able to achieve.

However, I have come to realize the only way I\'m going to get the sound I\'m looking for is to produce a private guitar library. My first sample session with a seasoned guitar player begins this weekend.

sirbellog is looking for....

<<<<<(Some really jazzy tones \"à la\" Joe Pass or G.Benson and the like, with sophisticated m9 or #11 chord inversions, would really be a very delightful \"plus\", too... )>>>>>>>

\"Vintage Guitars and Tenor Banjos\" library collection from Bardstown Audio most amazingly fills this request!

Check out the MP3 demos of these vintage electric and acoustic jazz guitars at www.bardstownaudio.com

Kip
    Bardstown Audio www.bardstownaudio.com

Go Back to forum