• Register
  • Help

Topic: Atmosphere in windows 7 64bit?

Share/Bookmark

Atmosphere in windows 7 64bit?

I have a new system with windows 7 home premium x64. I'm using sonar 8.5.
    i have installed Stylus and Trillian no problem.
    I install Atmosphere and it seems ok until i try to get it running and re scan my vst folder. at this point it hangs and i have to cancel the scan.
    is atmosphere usable in win7 x64? or am i stuffed?
    any feedback from anyone else running atmosphere on win 7 x64 would be greatly appreciated

Re: Atmosphere in windows 7 64bit?

Stuffed would be the appropriate term.
    I don't understand why you wouldn't upgrade to Omni though.
    The fact that you have Trilian, RMX and Atmo already means you'll get Omni for a song. Add to the mix that you get all the Atmo patches in Omni, and that they actually sound better, it's a no brainer.
    What we record in life, echoes in eternity.

thats all true....
    and when i get the money together i will, til then i'm stuck with atmosphere...

Quote Originally Posted by seeking View Post
    thats all true....
    and when i get the money together i will, til then i'm stuck with atmosphere...
    Seeking,

I am trying to get Atmosphere to run on Vista 64 bit. I have succeeded in installing and authorizing but when I launch the VST out of Cubase the Atmosphere interface is cropped (see my thread to read the details named "Eric Persing Please Help". I can run it through the demo version of Reaper no problem. I wonder why I'm having trouble with Cubase?

Good luck, I think it can be done.

Darren
    www.darrenpasdernick.com
    "Every time you play a wrong note God kills a kitten."

I just installed it to open an old project last night. I'm using Windows 7 x64 and Sonar 8.52 x64. During the VST scan, a pop-up promted to auth Atmosphere. THe dialog wouldn't let me click anywhere else (even in another application) which is pretty annoying since that makes is impossible to get the auth code online. I clicked continue, then added it to the project (hoping to enter the auth then). It locked up Sonar opening the VSTi. :-(

Then I got the auth code, opened Sonar, rescanned, then put in the auth (running Sonar as Admin), then everything was cool.

BTW, I've done VST scans in Sonar and not seen the pop-up, sometimes it's not easy to get focus to the correct window. I don't know if that might have been an issue in your case?

thanks for the feedback people.
    mlocket, its a similar prob to you.
    when it hangs on scanning atmosphere a dialog eventually comes up telling me that sonars vst scan is not working properly, and gives me the option to cancel, once i do, a dialog pops up briefly telling me that atmosphere is not authorised and that i should contact the seller....
    which i have done, 3 days ago now.
    and blunt thanks for nothing.

Talking Re: Atmosphere in windows 7 64bit?

No offense, but I think Bluntinstrument has a point.

For you, the upgrade is only $149.00 US.
    I qualified for the $249.00 upgrade, and even with the minimal amount of time I've been able to play with it since I got it, I think I ripped Spectrasonics off.
    Seriously, there are just so many new features and capabilities that justify the upgrade price many times over. I would consider it entirely reasonable if someone even had to steal their mum's false teeth and sell them on Craiglist to scrape together the upgrade $.

QuBe.

I'm sorry, do I owe you something?
    I made a suggestion, and even confirmed that you are stuffed.
    If you don't have the funds to upgrade, that's your problem.
    What we record in life, echoes in eternity.

Go Back to forum