• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: Bye

I just wanted to say bye to the many wonderful friends I have here at the forum.

After realising just how much my job as a teacher is killing me I'm on the verge of making a really radical life change. We're thinking I should hand in my notice, move to Devon, and live with my mother in law whilst I retrain for something else. Problem is that it'll be really cramped, so I'm selling all my studio off (except my samples and dongles, which I'll keep in the hope that I have a place again one day). We'll also be really, really poor again; and whenever I hang out here at the forum I end up wanting to buy stuff. So I'm going to have to stop hanging out here.

It's been really fun though.

Re: Bye

You can take the man out of northernsounds.com, but you can't take northernsounds.com out of the man... Good luck with your life change! I hope you don't take too much of a musical hiatus. That's bad for the soul.

You are a nice person and I wish you the best. SergeD

Ft. Lauderdale

David best of luck in everything. Joseph

Best of luck Dave,

I do hope that you will rest at some point in Devon!

Pittsburgh, PA 15206 USA

Good luck David. I hope you come back when the dust settles.

It's been a pleasure. I hope you find what you are looking for.

All the very best,

"Every time you play a wrong note God kills a kitten."

Unhappy Re: Bye

...always a pleasure, even when we disagreed...

I hope you will be back soon, in the mean time good luck!

Hello, Pingu.
    I really hope things will get better for you financially someday and you will be able to keep a bigger place and a studio again.
    I am a teacher myself and I know what you're talking about. The necessity of retraining and doing something else for a living has been looming on the horizon for me for years. I just never had the courage to give up what I was trained to do and start doing something else.
    I guess your move might help catalyze my taking a similar decision as well. I don't know. I'm so tired of living in poverty.
    I just wish you never give up music. I know I never will.
    Best of luck.

make sure to sneak in every now and again. you've always been a great contributor.

ps - i still have the samples you uploaded, but i haven't got a chance to use them in anything, but i will give you credit when i do!!!
    -Keith Fuller

iMac Quad i7 * MacBook Pro * Logic Studio 9 * WD 320GB & 1TB Externals@7,200RPM * Presonus Firebox * M-Audio Axiom 25 & Keystation 61 * Rode NT1-A * Epiphone Hollowbody * Fender Amp * KRK Rokit 8's

Go Back to forum