• Register
  • Help

Topic: Drums of War not loading in Kontakt

Share/Bookmark

Drums of War not loading in Kontakt

I wonder if anyone encountered this before, or has any suggestion for me to what should I be checking. When I tried to load any patch from DOW, Kontakt gives me this error "error parsing input file at line 137 : . The loaded patch might be corrupt"

Kontakt is the most updated version 4.0.4 and I tried it on three machines with Win XP SP2, Windows 7 x86 and x64. Ironically, an old machine with a Pentium 4 single core actually loaded it successfully, while the other Core 2 Duo and Xeon Quad-core machines failed to load it and give me that error.

The only work around I can do now is to import the EXS patches and save them as .nki files, but then I would lose the scripts (EQ and such).

Contacted cinesamples as well but haven't got any reply from they for two weeks already.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
    Frankie
    Dell Precision T3500 (Xeon W3520, 12GB RAM) / Windows 7 x64 / Sonar 8 / VE Pro / WIVI 2.3 / Kontakt 4 / G-Player 1.2

Re: Drums of War not loading in Kontakt

That's weird. I have gotten the "error parsing input file a line 137" sometimes when loading a project and the whole Kontakt multi goes blank. But then it's solved by just reopening the project. Sorry that I can't be of any help..
    /the Babies

Thanks Martin for your reply. I just got it solved when I use the combo patch instead of loading individual patch.

This is still weird as Kontakt has been performing good and stable on my system except for just this library.... I think it hates *WAR*

Frankie
    Dell Precision T3500 (Xeon W3520, 12GB RAM) / Windows 7 x64 / Sonar 8 / VE Pro / WIVI 2.3 / Kontakt 4 / G-Player 1.2

Hi Frankie,

Although DoW wasn't a project of mine, I have done scripting for many of CineSamples' latest products. CineSamples forwarded me your Kontakt issue, and I looked into the matter. I replied, but I think I pressed the "reply" instead of "reply to all" button. So I'm sorry things slipped through the cracks.

There was a parsing error problem with a few odd versions of Kontakt--it's been reported with a few other libraries in various versions. What it could be is that the original patch was saved in one of these versions, and there's a strange incompatibility going on. If you'd like, I can try resaving the patches in a newer version of Kontakt, and see if that corrects the problem.

Best regards,

Greg
    Greg Schlaepfer
    Orange Tree Samples
    Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

Hi Greg

That makes sense then as I can load the combo patch without problem, which I assume was made at a later date hence probably with a later version of Kontakt.

And please do try saving the patches with a newer version of Kontakt, would be much appreciated!

Thanks a lot
    Frankie

Hi Frankie,

Quote Originally Posted by FrozeN View Post
    That makes sense then as I can load the combo patch without problem, which I assume was made at a later date hence probably with a later version of Kontakt.
    By combo patch, do you mean the combined patch NKI? That was indeed created with a later version of Kontakt.

I'll email you the resaved patches in a few minutes.

Best regards,

Greg
    Greg Schlaepfer
    Orange Tree Samples

Looks like resaving the patches solved the issue! I'm glad it was such a simple, albeit seemingly random solution.
    Greg Schlaepfer
    Orange Tree Samples

Go Back to forum