• Register
  • Help

Topic: Question from new Giga User...

Share/Bookmark

Question from new Giga User...

Hello All...

Sorry to post this here, but this is where I know the most experienced of you congregate.

I finally got GigaStudio 160 today, and as a long time Mac user, I\'m trying to get used to Windows....but here\'s the most important two questions I have...

1 When I load a patch into Giga, even though I hit DETACH to get rid of it, it still shows up as a loaded instrument I can choose. How does one completely rid a performace setup of a patch? I can see trying a bunch of patches out and having them still reside in the setup, even though detached, could be a huge problem.

2 Is there a simple way I can assign two patches to the same midi channel for layering?

Thanks so much for helping the novice here....

Re: Question from new Giga User...

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by tomhartman:
    Hello All...

Sorry to post this here, but this is where I know the most experienced of you congregate.

I finally got GigaStudio 160 today, and as a long time Mac user, I\'m trying to get used to Windows....but here\'s the most important two questions I have...

1 When I load a patch into Giga, even though I hit DETACH to get rid of it, it still shows up as a loaded instrument I can choose. How does one completely rid a performace setup of a patch? I can see trying a bunch of patches out and having them still reside in the setup, even though detached, could be a huge problem.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Go to the loaded instruments sections; right click on the file in question and hit unload selected.

[/B][/QUOTE]2 Is there a simple way I can assign two patches to the same midi channel for layering?[/B][/QUOTE]

Go to port two and load in the second sound and hit the \"2\" button on the left hand side...there are four total here that you can layer.

Nemesys REALLY needs to come up with a manual to this thing. No support = users who can\'t operate their software!!!

Donnie

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by donnie

Nemesys REALLY needs to come up with a manual to this thing. No support = users who can\'t operate their software!!!

Donnie

[/B]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    You mean TASCAM America...
    DD

going from Pc to MAc and back to PC again. I ahd a few Right clicking fiascos

at first I hated not having the right click option on the mac..then I got used to option click... then going back to PC I kept forgeting about right clicking and everthing jsut seemed to work really slow...until I got used to it again

anyhow... try right clicking jsut about everything...it usually opens up some options.

------------------
    Really...I am an Idiot

Go Back to forum