• Register
  • Help

Topic: Online chord practice application

Share/Bookmark

Online chord practice application

I've been working on an online chord practice application for some time, and would be very interested in your thoughts and comments for improvement..
    http://www.chordpractice.com

I'm thinking of adding scales and also a field where one can paste a song with lyrics and chords and be able to transpose the chords...

All feature requests and comments are welcome!

Re: Online chord practice application

hi Whitelizard,

It looks very interesting. I will give it a try later in the week and let you know what I think.

regards John

Thumbs up Re: Online chord practice application

I like it

if it could interact with a midi or USB keyboard that would be very cool

what i mean is that , as the user enters the chords on the keyboard in realtime, the app would be able to track the right and wrong chords . Would be helpful to track your score and stuff and see if there's improvement over time.

just a thought

Yves

Oh ! niiice ! if I understand, you give the keyboard notes for each guitar chord ? if yes, it's exactly what I need ! So yes, scales are welcome ! Why not give us the option for the right hand only ? I mean removing some notes to be able to play with one hand.. useful for a keytar (in my case)

Anyway, you're in the right way ! with sound will be better !
    Mathieu Laprise
    www.studiosonomax.com

BIG update! Now with playlists! check it out - http://www.chordpractice.com

if it could interact with a midi or USB keyboard that would be very cool

what i mean is that , as the user enters the chords on the keyboard in realtime, the app would be able to track the right and wrong chords . Would be helpful to track your score and stuff and see if there's improvement over time.

just a thought

Yves
    This is a nice idea, though for an acoustic guitar that would be impossible . But instead analyzing sound from the mic would be the more general solution. Haha, this could become the new guitar hero! But with real instruments!

Oh ! niiice ! if I understand, you give the keyboard notes for each guitar chord ?
    Not really, it shows the chord on both the piano and the guitar, but it gives more information than necessary, this makes it possible to see all inversions of each chord. You can for example accomplish a C major in 3 ways on the piano, it's up to you wich one you choose. But...

Why not give us the option for the right hand only ? I mean removing some notes to be able to play with one hand.. useful for a keytar (in my case)
    indeed this is a good idea that I might implement in the next version!

Again a new update!

Please come with more comments and ideas that I can put into reality!

Sound implemented. So now you can jam with it!

http://www.chordpractice.com

Cheers

Go Back to forum