• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: New Galaxy Vintage D piano

Thumbs up New Galaxy Vintage D piano

I just listened to the demos of the new Vintage D at galaxypianos.com and was really impressed!!! What do you think?

Re: New Galaxy Vintage D piano

I was one of the beta-testers of this piano so I've been using it for about half a year now and I have to say I absolutely love it! It's really special, very warm and intimate, and when you tweak it a little it's just perfect for modern hollywood-type filmscores!
    View my profile at NorthernSounds.net
    and visit my homesite: www.henrykiwan.com

Anyone have a link to the demos. 've checked main site and cant see any. Checked Best Service as well and its saying be patient for demos.

See the "Media" link along the menu bar.

Sounds excellent.

EDIT: I hear a very slight unnatural "flanging" effect in the Gymnopedie demo.

Thanks. Will check it out.

FWIW, I found this recording of Gymnopedie:
    and it sounds remarkably similar to the Vintage D demo! (just very slightly better - I do not hear the objectionable character in the iTunes recording, in any case, although I do hear a few distracting clicks)

Does the "Download Edition" (from soundsondemands.com for example) will be updated too?

The Vintage D will ship in about 2 weeks. There will be a 'boxed version', which will also be available as a download, and there will be a reduced download edition with whole tone instead of chromatic mapping. The Galaxy II collection will be upgraded in about 5 weeks with the new Kontakt 4 player and the completely redesigned user interface. Download Editions of the Galaxy II pianos will follow shortly after.

So it's now shipping and I'm thinking of taking the plunge. Has anyone bought it? I'm especially interested in comparisons with the Ivory Steinway.

Galaxy Vintage D is already shipping.

You can find a boxed version, additional information and great demos here:

or an immediate download here:

Have fun!

Go Back to forum