• Register
  • Help

Topic: Bach's Crab

Share/Bookmark

Bach's Crab

Here is an orchestration and creative arrangement of Bach's Famous Crab Canon. The theme or canon reverses in the middle and plays backwards - Bach was a master of counterpoint. I added a 3rd line just for creative and contrasting development - I am not Bach! but it also reverses at the midpoint.

This is only 2:32 so Enjoy. There are 2 choices
    1) Normal reverb and
    2) in a cathedral.

Bach's Crab

Bach's Crab in a Cathedral

Best regards,
    Bill
    We dream to write and we write to dream.

Challenge #10 Winner

Re: Bach's Crab

Never heard of this piece before. Firstly I did read it wrong and thought that you wrote: Bach's Crap, but right now I am listening and indeed it is something to study further, how he made this thing and how the reverse came to light. Thank you for bringing this,

Raymond

Glad you liked it Raymond. A good copy of the music can be found in the book: Goedel, Escher, Bach - a very unique book about A.I. on page 202.If you are into math and a book written in the style of Socrates and the the Zeno Paradox. Though very mathematically oriented, the book is a delight to read if for nothing motre than the pictures by Escher, the music of Bach, and the delightful storytelling of the author, Douglas Hofstadter.

Thanks for the listen. Hope it wasn't 'crap'.

Bill

Challenge #10 Winner

That is great Bill!!
    Producer ~ Sound Engineer ~ Musician

http://www.myspace.com/451525581

I had not heard this before either, but had been introduced to it in "Godel, Escher, Bach" (good book)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godel,_Escher,_Bach
    I like your creative arrangement!

Squoze and Hippie - Thanks for listening, it was a fun exercise. Bach did all the work!

Challenge #10 Winner

Quote Originally Posted by wrayer View Post
    Thanks for the listen. Hope it wasn't 'crap'.

Bill
    Far from that!!!

Raymond

Hey Bill,

That was quite a piece ... very creative both in composition and concept (that whole reversing thing! ... a palindromic cannon ).

I understand your humble response re: "Bach did it all", but not being familiar with the piece, I couldn't tell which part was yours. So, I would say either you were ghosting for Mr. Bach 'back in the day' (NOT likely!) or, more likely, you respectfully (and successfully) emulated his lines. Nice job and integration.

Thanks for sharing this ... now, WHY am I hungry for a platter of Maryland Blue Claws?

Regards,

Frank

Quote Originally Posted by Frank D View Post
    Hey Bill,

That was quite a piece ... very creative both in composition and concept (that whole reversing thing! ... a palindromic cannon ).

I understand your humble response re: "Bach did it all", but not being familiar with the piece, I couldn't tell which part was yours. So, I would say either you were ghosting for Mr. Bach 'back in the day' (NOT likely!) or, more likely, you respectfully (and successfully) emulated his lines. Nice job and integration.

Thanks for sharing this ... now, WHY am I hungry for a platter of Maryland Blue Claws?

Regards,

Frank
    That last 20 bars are all Bach. The rest are my musings on the the crab canon.

Thanks for listening and I too have just gotten a craving for Marylnd Blue Claws...

Bill

Challenge #10 Winner

I'm stupid - BUMP

Challenge #10 Winner

Go Back to forum