• Register
  • Help

Topic: Introduction and scherzo for flute op.2

Share/Bookmark

Introduction and scherzo for flute op.2

Hey, 'tis been a while!
    I'm here again with a piece for solo flute that I finished a while ago in my composition class
    Have a listen (and give feedback, if possible) here: http://www.box.net/shared/9loxidmlmp
    'Music is like this pure thing that exists for its own sake, just to make something perfect..' ~ Ephram Brown

Re: Introduction and scherzo for flute op.2

Hi Brindle. Like the composition and especially liked the little florish at the end - took my be suprise. For my taste I perfer only just enough reverb to get by but that is my taste only. Some of the accents seemed misplaced or not in the places they should be or perhaps just a bit too sharp? Again, just a taste sort of thing - its hard to get that human player sound and accents are probably one of the harder elements to get just right. BTW, which flute patch did you use?

John

Thanks
    The patch/instrument I used was the 'Flute solo' that comes with Finale 2008 - I'm still yet to update to the newest version (and instruments).
    'Music is like this pure thing that exists for its own sake, just to make something perfect..' ~ Ephram Brown

Light and airy yet contemplative as well - nice render - thank you!!

Best regards,
    sd cisco

Nice little piece Brindle (hmm does that rhyme with Grindl?)

I am not sure about how 'real' the glisses, especially the one at end, would be. It definitely would put the player through their paces!

What grade did you get on this?

It was a bit tonal for my taste, but that's me...

You have a nice way with a composition.

Best regards,
    Bill
    We dream to write and we write to dream.

Challenge #10 Winner

Yeah, the glissandos are a bit off with the Human Playback, but given that I was just notating it first, I had to use that option.. another idea that might be worth trying is writing all the quick notes that make up the glissando into the score.

I didn't any grades for this, as they evaluate my work at the end of the term, taking everything into account :P

Go Back to forum