• Register
  • Help

Topic: release samples

release samples

I've got the Basic version, and it's great since that's the only recording perspective I need. However, I'm now doing a couple of pieces with very exposed note let-offs, and the lack of release samples is noticeable. Is there any way of getting the release samples short of spending the extra $300 for the full version? Because the economics of that are unfortunately impossible considering that I don't need any of the other recording perspectives.

Thanks for any info...

Re: release samples

I doubt it, there has been a ton of hours involved in the process of making the Pro version, which is why it is the ultimate, and also carries a higher price.
    You could post another question that would be something like this...

Since I only have the basic version, would it be legal for DPDan to create an audio file of my midi file using his Pro Version (Under Lid)?

Interesting idea. Not sure how practical in reality given track sync/alignment issues, but worth thinking about if it's okay with Garritan. I'd much rather have a proportionally-priced upgrade to the release samples feature so I can experiment, but it's not my company.

There's no definite plans to add release samples to Basic. It could happen sometime in the future, but I wouldn't count on it as any certainty. There's definitely other things in the works for both the Steinway D and B though.

Go Back to forum