• Register
  • Help

Topic: "The Trumpets Are Coming...The Trumpets Are Coming!

Share/Bookmark

"The Trumpets Are Coming...The Trumpets Are Coming!"

Y'all,

This is my composition for trumpets, strings and harpsichord.

Here is "The Trumpets Are Coming...The Trumpets Are Coming!".

Regards,
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Re: "The Trumpets Are Coming...The Trumpets Are Coming!

Ummm. I loaded this up and couldn't hear it! My ears are pretty bad but not that bad! So I brought it into Cubase and checked the power level. It hovers at around -35 dB and the right side is about 3 dB higher than the left. I don't know if this was original intent or a problem with the original file or my downloading or what. Anyway, I boosted the level about 15 dB and could hear it well after that.

Very nice piece and well thought out. The harpsichord found the right balance between accompanyment and having its own line. The strings and horns balanced out well too. The pizz. bass keeps the rythme moving along at just the right pace. Nice work!

John

Quote Originally Posted by John Rice View Post
    Ummm. I loaded this up and couldn't hear it! My ears are pretty bad but not that bad! So I brought it into Cubase and checked the power level. It hovers at around -35 dB and the right side is about 3 dB higher than the left. I don't know if this was original intent or a problem with the original file or my downloading or what. Anyway, I boosted the level about 15 dB and could hear it well after that.

Very nice piece and well thought out. The harpsichord found the right balance between accompanyment and having its own line. The strings and horns balanced out well too. The pizz. bass keeps the rythme moving along at just the right pace. Nice work!

John
    It must have been your download. It plays OK here and other places.

Thanks for listening and welcome to the forum.

Regards,
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Hi Larry,

I enjoyed that! I liked the entrance of the harpsichord and really liked when it went into the march feel. As a matter of fact, this would make an excellent march re-orchestrated for full band.

Were there three trumpets in your piece? Nice job!

Regards,

Frank

BTW, I also found the mix very low, but just cranked-up my speakers a bit to hear it better.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank D View Post
    Hi Larry,

I enjoyed that! I liked the entrance of the harpsichord and really liked when it went into the march feel. As a matter of fact, this would make an excellent march re-orchestrated for full band.

Were there three trumpets in your piece? Nice job!

Regards,

Frank

BTW, I also found the mix very low, but just cranked-up my speakers a bit to hear it better.
    It is a section of four trumpets.

Thanks for having a listen. I appreciate your input, Mister Frank...my Yankee friend.

Best Regards,
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Go Back to forum