Ok, I deleted the text of this thread because I fixed the problem by trial and error. Was having real problems getting my generic midi cable to work with FL or Acid Pro 7 - errors saying stuff about memory allocation.
When I finally did things in the right order (plug in cable then open the sequencer) it works fine, no need for any drivers that aren't already in WIndows 7.
There are lots of people out there having usb midi Windows 7 problems, and I just believed that that must be my problem too. Turns out my problem was me. Same as always.
Last edited by xdatoddy; 02-12-2010 at 02:31 PM.
Reason: Fixed it