• Register
  • Help

Topic: Protools and .gig giles

Share/Bookmark

Protools and .gig giles

Hi there.

I am new here so please forgive me if I posted this in the wrong place.

I am using ProTools LE 7.4 and would like to use my giga studio library (gm500, miroslav, etc.) and I am not sure how to go about it. Will ProTools read .gig files naturally? Or do I need a converter?

Freeze

Re: Protools and .gig giles

I even do not know about the same thing so as i am looking for the solution from the Google and soon i will find it then shared with you.

MAC 5 seems to be the way to go on a MAC.

ProTools won’t read them naturally; you need a sample player VSTi, like MachFive or G-Player

I agree, ProTools' »onboard« sampler Structure can just import Samplecell, Kontakt 1+2, Logic EXS 24 and REX 1+2. You either need a converter like Translator (or of any other manufacturer, cannot remember the other one right now), either a full-blown version or just one for structure. Or you rely on a third party sampler which can import .gig files, like Kontakt, Mach 5 etc. For Macs, there is one new sampler which obviously is an expert in playing .gig files, but I cannot remember the name.

(sorry, I wanted to provide some links but I'm afraid that posting any links on this forum results in getting banned forever, don't know....)

Quote Originally Posted by Stumpy6653 View Post
    Hi there.

I am new here so please forgive me if I posted this in the wrong place.

I am using ProTools LE 7.4 and would like to use my giga studio library (gm500, miroslav, etc.) and I am not sure how to go about it. Will ProTools read .gig files naturally? Or do I need a converter?

Freeze

Go Back to forum