• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: best rock/jazz/pop drum set sounds

Share/Bookmark

best rock/jazz/pop drum set sounds

best rock/jazz/pop drum set sounds ? i cannot get nice hihat (mainly closed one is too static or something to me in many libraries) sounds form Addictive drums demoversion (and so many tunes with many different drum sources) oddly in demotunes there is such a thing and one thing helps with some things i dont use fully volume... And stuff must work with latest Logic Studio without any addinational software or package have all software what i need... i dont like premadeloops (expect is ethnic stuff which is offtopic) becouse i want own unique drum tracks. and one stuff what i really liked is Indepence Free basic but i want more different sounds.

Re: best rock/jazz/pop drum set sounds

Drumkit from Hell Superior 2 is what I use. Fully mixer with effects and even the possibility to use or buy other sounds. Really great !

http://www.toontrack.com/index.asp
    Mathieu Laprise
    www.studiosonomax.com

If you want rock/pop/metal drums, the Steven Slate drums are amazing. They are pre processed with EQ and compression to sound just like the major radio songs that you hear today.

If you want something that is not so processed, and sounds more organic, the new native instruments abbey road drums sound great. I don't know how they would hold up to jazz though, although I would imagine they would do better than the Steven Slate drums.

If price is your first concern, consider checking out Analogue Drums. Super cheap, with hats recorded tight, loose and open, as well as pedaled, and left and right variations of both. Recorded first to tape, then edited digitally. It's about $25 for an over 1 gig library. LOVE IT.

Best,

Mark

DFH Superior 2 here

My vote goes for Addictive Drums, they're really good and you can get totally clean sound too if you want. (www.xln-audio.com) They even have a fully functional demo you can try and use as much as you want. It comes only with a half kit as a teaser so you'll have to buy the full product if you want for example toms and other kits...

But it's really worth the money, check it out.
    Film Composer - www.juhanalehtiniemi.com
    My latest project: Our first indie pop -single, produced in Ableton Live, available also on iTunes and Amazon
    Mac Pro 6-core 3.33GHz

Quote Originally Posted by Mark LaPierre View Post
    If price is your first concern, consider checking out Analogue Drums. Super cheap, with hats recorded tight, loose and open, as well as pedaled, and left and right variations of both. Recorded first to tape, then edited digitally. It's about $25 for an over 1 gig library. LOVE IT.

Best,

Mark
    Wow, never heard of this one.
    Literally sounds like a no-brainer!
    rothermusic.de

They have three main sets, plus an additional set of Snares, and a free item that is awesome- it is a mono drum kit- terribly 1950s to me.

You must own Kontakt, Battery or EXS (depending on the library). Buy it.

M

Quote Originally Posted by karvasika View Post
    My vote goes for Addictive Drums, they're really good and you can get totally clean sound too if you want. (www.xln-audio.com) They even have a fully functional demo you can try and use as much as you want. It comes only with a half kit as a teaser so you'll have to buy the full product if you want for example toms and other kits...

But it's really worth the money, check it out.
    Oddly i tested demo and i cannot get hihat sound what i like with demoversion maybe means i must try more somehow i think hihat is too hard and dark (maybe wrong words) my taste i dont know how i can made more smooth and bright saddly i dont even know if my hihat taste is made with brushes sometimes i think is not depended this becouse what i say addctive drums demos have nice sounds. and they say i can sell software
    i buy this if i want... ps. my friend recommend to me Addictive drums... and i want sound what i modify to my taste. and i dont want sound like top 10 (s)hits Currently i mostly like what i allredy tell indepence free i talk hihat sounds what are biggest problem and 2nd biggest is snare. i dont like toms mainly at all (only few other people made tunes have nice toms). and i dont much need toms i think.

Yes, the demo only has one snare. But you can edit it really much within the interface, since it always starts from the clean sample. All the presets just adjust the effects within the interface, but you can turn them all off if you want.

You can also buy brush kit for Addictive Drums if you want.

What kind of snare is it you're looking for? Do you have an example?
    Film Composer - www.juhanalehtiniemi.com
    My latest project: Our first indie pop -single, produced in Ableton Live, available also on iTunes and Amazon
    Mac Pro 6-core 3.33GHz

Go Back to forum