• Register
  • Help

Topic: Sib 6 and gpo4

Share/Bookmark

Sib 6 and gpo4

Just installed GPO4 which is to be used mostly with Sibelius 6. I've noticed that the screen isn't showing what I see in the manual.

1. In stand alone - I get an Auto-Legato panel but as a Sibelius vst the Auto-Legato panel is absent.

2. Within Sibelius - I can open the Sib Mixer and access all the posh strings (eg Violin 3 Guarneri KS Solo) but I can't access these from the Aria player - why not?

3. Within Sibelius I don't get keyswitch keys (in pink)

4. What are the three electric light bulbs at bottom right of the Aria player?

Thanks anybody?

Re: Sib 6 and gpo4

David,

If you are using GPO4 in Sibelius, there should be no need to open the ARIA player - the keyswitches will respond to the Text you put in the score. The soundset is designed to work behind the scenes.

The light bulbs are pedals...

You do have 6.1, yes?
    Ron Pearl

ronaldmpearl.com

myspace:

http://myspace.com/rmpearl

Hi Ron - Thanks. Yes I'm using Sib 6.1. Whilst I'll probably never use the Aria in standalone I'm just curious. Why (in standalone) can I not access the Guarneri violin?

Anyway, if I use GPO4 within Sibelius and use the (Sib) Mixer to select the Aria patch
    <Violin 3 Guarn KS Solo>
    that plays fine but when I click the cog wheel in the Mixer and open Aria, the instrument in slot 1 is
    <n-Violin 3 Solo KS>
    Why doesn't it show the same patch as that showing in the Mixer?

You say the keyswitches respond to Text in the score - what kind of text?

For example, if I wanted one bar of pizz. violin how would I order that articulation from within Sibelius?

I've just read in the manual that there are tutorials at garritan.info so I'll have a look there

David

Quote Originally Posted by DAVID WRIGHT View Post
    Hi Ron - Thanks. Yes I'm using Sib 6.1. Whilst I'll probably never use the Aria in standalone I'm just curious. Why (in standalone) can I not access the Guarneri violin?
    Here's a hint:
    Violin 1 is the Gagliano
    Violin 2 is the Stradivarius
    Violin 3 is the Guarneri

Anyway, if I use GPO4 within Sibelius and use the (Sib) Mixer to select the Aria patch
    <Violin 3 Guarn KS Solo>
    that plays fine but when I click the cog wheel in the Mixer and open Aria, the instrument in slot 1 is
    <n-Violin 3 Solo KS>
    Why doesn't it show the same patch as that showing in the Mixer?
    These are the same thing. The n-Violin 3 Solo KS is the actual patch name as it appears on your hard disk. The n- means it is the Notation version of the patch. Some patch names can get a bit cryptic and the Sibelius Soundset allows you to specify what appears in the mixer. As above Violin 3 and Guarneri are the same thing.

You say the keyswitches respond to Text in the score - what kind of text?

For example, if I wanted one bar of pizz. violin how would I order that articulation from within Sibelius?
    The playback dictionary has these definitions setup. Not all possible ones are there though. To get pizz, you just specify pizz (in Technique text), just as you would for a standard score. The Soundset should take care of the details. The text arco should revert back.

Thanks Ron - I'll spend some time playing with this.

Go Back to forum