• Register
  • Help

Topic: Omnisphere - cubase - export audio problem

Share/Bookmark

Omnisphere - cubase - export audio problem

Hi,

Thought I'd ask on here in case anyone has had issues.
    Certain patches (not big ones either) in Omnisphere seem to cause great problems to cubase when exporting audio mixdown.

Try this, if you will....

1. New cubase project (I'm using W7, C5 64)
    2. Load Omnisphere and select "Power Trance Octolead 1"
    3. Record about 6 measures of anything using 8th notes
    4. Export stereo audio mixdown - 24bit 44.1 - import to pool and create audio track.
    5. Look at the result.

On my system, the audio cuts out after a few seconds with horrible pop noises and spikes in the wave file.
    I have a super fast system and this patch is fairly small.

Other patches do this also but I haven't tried all of them of course. Realtime export is the only way to get this to work. Buffers are set to 512 so not particularly low latency.

Also, is there any way of setting Omnisphere so that when I load a patch, it doesn't default to a volume which splits open my eardrums and clips on the meters???

I will send this to support and see who answers first.

Regards,

K

Re: Omnisphere - cubase - export audio problem

The first place to check when you have a question about Omnisphere is the FAQs. For example, see the "Streaming, Freezing, and Bouncing" FAQ at support.spectrasonics.net.

- Glenn

Cheers Glen,

I was aware that streaming samplers can have issues with fast rendering, but as this was such a small patch and none of my other streaming samplers have ever caused any problems, I wondered if this was unique to Omnisphere and if so, why.

As for the other volume problem, this is not mentioned in the FAQ. Why is the default volume so ridiculously loud? It would be nice to have a control for this.

K

Sorry, I haven't encountered any patches that are that loud. Check to make sure your patch library is the latest version. Or maybe your host's track mixer has the level turned up?

But yes, you can turn down the default master volume in your default multi if you need it lower for some reason. See the "How can I customize what is initially loaded in Omnisphere?" FAQ for details.

- Glenn

Having a bad day with Omnisphere today.
    Cubase has crashed twice now with omnisphere the culprit. Both times, it wasn't doing anything other than sitting in my rack with 1 instrument loaded and the track muted.
    Access violation - omnisphere.dll etc etc in the cubase log.
    And on a few occasions, the entire audio has cut out for about 10 seconds when playing through. Once I had gone into the task manager, it came thundering back through the speakers. Removed instance of omnisphere and system is stable once more.

As for the volume problem, I've noticed it with Trillion too. I can add a VST instrument and load a sound and the volumes are usually fairly similar, but load Omni and select a patch and if I don't turn the master volume down on that track, it shakes my monitors. Cubase defaults the volume the same every time and Omni and Trilion are the only vsti's that I have to turn down after loading. Very odd!

K

May be an obvious idea - but do you export in real time?
    Generally saves a lot of hassle.
    Neil B
    Pentium 4 PC Windows XP Home 32 bit 3.6 Ghz, Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian, Kontakt 3, GPO 3, EWQLSC, Scope Pulsar II, Cubase 4.5

Neil,

I have simply disabled streaming as RAM is not really an issue for me. I always use real time when I do a full mix for safety but when I'm trying to export a dozen stems for mixing, doing them all in realtime is a complete pain. As I said, I've never had an issue with any NI product using streaming.

K

Go Back to forum