• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: re Finale problems

Share/Bookmark

re Finale problems

Is there a policy to exclude any questions about Finale?
    I've posted 2 which never entered.
    Gary

Re: re Finale problems

Their is a part of Northernsounds forum for notation programs. Not many questions or topics their for Finale that I can see, but it is worth a shot at asking their.

You might also consider the Finale Forum at MakeMusic.com. There are a lot of good people there with lots of ideas.
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

but when the questions deal specifically with Finale and GPO, it seems that this WOULD be the ideal place to ask them.

I've noticed that on the MakeMusic forums there are only a very few people who actually answer playback questions dealing with GPO.

I agree with Michael. There are a lot more people at this
    Forum that use Finale with GPO. Their experiences are
    diverse and would probably solve more problem-specific
    situations than at other places.

Also, I think we have some of the best Finale users in the
    world right here. Listening to a lot of Finale productions, I
    am absolutely amazed at the quality output of this notation
    program when used by composers who really know the program.

Jack
    Jack Cannon--MacBook Pro (2015, 13") GPO4/5, JABB3, Auth. STEINWAY, YAMAHA CFX, Gofriller CELLO, Stradivari VIOLIN, COMB2, WORLD, HARPS, PIPE ORGANS, FINALE 2014.5, Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 9.5, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express, MacBook Pro (2012, 13") 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

I was just offering a suggestion. Don't shoot the messenger.

I have been unable to find answers for my Finale questions and GPO4 their either, but was just throwing out some options.

I am struggling myself with Finale and all its inner workings, so I would not be the best to answer any questions. I have also noticed a general lack of moderators answering questions in any of their areas of expertise. As a matter of fact I seldom see a lot of the moderators on our site. Maybe the answers need to be gotten from Garritan Support? Again tis only a suggestion...
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

Thanks for posting, Guys.
    My problem is deciding whether or not that I have a specific (mac)
    Finale virus. It acts like one.
    When is a virus in Finale some element other than the programming?

Gary

Gary,

Can you be a little more specific about your problem? Macs in general aren't as susceptible to viruses. And a virus would probably affect more than just Finale.

Are you perhaps referring to a bug that you're experiencing in Finale?

Jeff

I think this is a fine place to ask about Finale, since GPO and ARIA are integrated I think issues with both are appropriate. Plus, this board is full of knowledgable people with long experience.

That said, I have had a recent intermittent Finale problem that Finale Techs had not had much experience with and couldn't really solve (as yet).

This just appeared one day out of the blue. If I reload the MIDI driver (sometimes twice) it goes away and may not happen for a day or so - then it's back. My MIDI drivers are up to date.

Any ideas?
    In theory there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

http://reberclark.blogspot.com http://reberclark.bandcamp.com http://www.youtube.com/reberclark

Quote Originally Posted by garymosse View Post
    Is there a policy to exclude any questions about Finale?
    I've posted 2 which never entered.
    Gary
    I am a Finale user and I don't think there is any policy to exclude questions about Finale. There have been many, many questions in our forums over the years regarding Finale. I think it is true to say that the vast majority of questions have been GPO/Finale linked rather than specifically Finale alone.

Quote Originally Posted by RichR View Post
    ..... I have been unable to find answers for my Finale questions and GPO4 their either, but was just throwing out some options.

I am struggling myself with Finale and all its inner workings, so I would not be the best to answer any questions. I have also noticed a general lack of moderators answering questions in any of their areas of expertise. As a matter of fact I seldom see a lot of the moderators on our site. Maybe the answers need to be gotten from Garritan Support? Again tis only a suggestion...
    Hello Rich,

I haven't seen any of your Finale/GPO4 questions? Have you posted them in our forums? I don't go to the Make Music site very often and if I do see a Finale post in these forums I will try to answer if I can.

What questions do you have and I'll try to help out?

Quote Originally Posted by garymosse View Post
    Thanks for posting, Guys.
    My problem is deciding whether or not that I have a specific (mac)
    Finale virus. It acts like one.
    When is a virus in Finale some element other than the programming?

Gary
    Hello Gary. I use Wiindows so I'm afraid I can't be of much help for Mac users. Bit of a shocker the Finale Tech people can't help. Hope you find an answer somehow.
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

Sorry I can't help. I'm a moderator but my area of expertise is UNIX and banjo playing, both kinda socially unacceptable I know.

I know a bit about ARIA and can help get it working though

Go Back to forum