• Register
  • Help

Topic: Symphobia/EW - Windows 7

Symphobia/EW - Windows 7

Hi Guys!

I've checked these forums and a few others regarding this question but haven't come up with a conclusive answer yet. I'm about to get Symphobia and the EW Complete Composer's Collection in the next couple of weeks and am currently running Vista Home Premium 64-bit. I have an option for free upgrade to Windows 7 (Home 64-bit) which I'm debating whether to go with or not.

My question is; does Symphobia work on Windows 7? And, any thoughts on Windows 7 and the EW stuff in general? Don't want to go down the road of getting 7 only to find nothing will run, but equally it sounds like 7 is quite a leap over Vista-64 in terms of general stability, performance and compatability, so it makes sense to get it if that turns out to be the case.

Any help/thoughts you guys can give will be ace!

Re: Symphobia/EW - Windows 7

Hi Corda,

I can't give any advice about symphobia in terms of W7. You will find a number of threads about East West and W7 at the Sounds Online Forum.

Regards John

Hi John,

Thanks for your help! I ended up e-mailing Project SAM to get full word from them and got a positive response. For anybody else on Windows 7 who is having the same concerns I was told that if you're using a 64-bit version of Windows 7 it's best to run Symphobia on NI Kontakt Player 4. Symphobia currently ships with 3.5 but 4 is a free upgrade.

So it looks like everything is OK on that end! Seems like Windows 7 is the choice to go for over Vista-64 bit. Everything seems to be running there or there abouts with it and it seems like a more stable system overall, so future updates should be a lot better than the previous Vista updates.

Thanks again!

I've been running Windows 7 Professional 64 bit and Symphobia and a few East West Play instruments for some time without any problems at all. I'm running Symphobia in Kontakt 4 (the full version, not the Player). I'm running these instruments side to side with Trilian, Omnisphere and Stylus RMX.

My 64 bit Sonar 8 setup is running much better than the 32 bit boot I still have on a separate hard drive.

I guess I shouldn't say to much about things running well because you never know...

I've just gone 64 bit - was worried about this also, but all my Play (ie all the EW stuff) and Kontakt instruments (including Symphobia) work fine (I'm using Kontakt 3.5 which is 64 bit compatible). In fact even my 32 bit plugins like Absynth 4 work fine. And I've now got 12gb of ram to play with!

The only plugin i'm having problems with is MOTU Ethno VST, but that's a whole other post...

Go Back to forum