• Register
  • Help

Topic: Can't get Kontakt Player to Show up in Bidule

Share/Bookmark

Can't get Kontakt Player to Show up in Bidule

I have a new VisionDaw, that came with all Play libraries installed by them.

The guys recommended using Plogue Bidule as a Host, to get more out of the machine.

I installed Symphobia, which runs on the Kontakt Player. It runs fine as a standalone, but I can't get it to show up in Plogue. Any ideas how to do this? I need to run Symphobia AND Play on this machine at the same time.

Thanks

Paul
    "International Award Winning Arabic Fusion"
    www.ajmusiconline.com

2xMac Pro 2.66, OS 10.4.9,Pro Tools 7.4.8,Waves Plat,Altiverb
    4xVisionDaw PC,NI Komplete, All Play 1.2.5 Libraries

Re: Can't get Kontakt Player to Show up in Bidule

First make sure Bidule recognizes Kontakt. Check here. Program Files (x86)/Plogue/Bidule/VSTPlugins - the Kontakt dlls files need to be copied to this location, namely, Kontakt 4.dll, Kontakt 4 8out.dll, etc.

Then add the Sympobia to the Kontakt library. There is an "add library" function in Kontakt.

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by gpwilliams View Post
    First make sure Bidule recognizes Kontakt. Check here. Program Files (x86)/Plogue/Bidule/VSTPlugins - the Kontakt dlls files need to be copied to this location, namely, Kontakt 4.dll, Kontakt 4 8out.dll, etc.

Then add the Sympobia to the Kontakt library. There is an "add library" function in Kontakt.

Hope this helps.
    Thanks for the reply. I have tried moving the file Kontakt Player 4 dlls files to every location imaginable but I cant figure out how to get it to show up in Plogue. Scanning the plug-ins in Plogue only ever confirms the 11 Play libraries I have installed. It never sees Kontakt.

I am on Vista x64 if that matters. This is also the Kontakt Player, and not the full version of Kontakt, if that matters. Does anyone have Symphobia running in Plogue with the Kontakt player who can help???
    www.ajmusiconline.com

Well...I got it to show up by placing the Kontakt Player files in the East East Folder, that also has a VST Plug-ins folder?!

But, now I am getting a lot of weird crackles and stuff with Play in Bidule, where it has been working perfectly as standalone. I wonder if there is some setting that needs to be tweaked.
    www.ajmusiconline.com

Go Back to forum