• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO4 and Cubase 5 multi channel audio

GPO4 and Cubase 5 multi channel audio

Have just purchased the GPO4 update and am trying to re-engineer a Kontakt based GPO project in Cubase. I find that in Cubase SX2 if I add the Aria Player Multi VST as a VST instrument then Cubase automatically creates 16 separate audio outs for this and I can thus route different instruments via the Aria instrument output channel selectors and Cubase mixer to 4 separate stereo outputs on my Delta 1010, which is just what I want to do. However when I do the same thing in Cubase 5, Cubase only creates one single stereo output which shows up in the Cubase mixer. Am I doing something wrong, or is there a way of configuring either the Aria Player or Cubase 5 to automatically create the multiple audio outs? (Running Windows XP) Many thanks, Dave

Paris, France

Re: GPO4 and Cubase 5 multi channel audio

Are you using GPO4 as an Instrument Track, or as a VSTi, loaded into the VST Instruments rack (and played by a regular MIDI track)?
    In the first case, then, indeed, Cubase will only have one stereo output for the instrument, but in the latter case, simply click on the rightmost widget of the VST Instrument rack's slot for GPO (just to the right of the blue Edit Settings button), where you can set the number of available outputs (just one stereo pair, by default).
    Cubase 5.1 | Cubase 4.5.2 | Digital Performer 7.0 | Mac OSX 10.5.8 || Mac "MDD" dual 1GB | 1.75GB RAM | MOTU PCI-424/2408mk3 | MOTU MidiTimepice AV

Re: GPO4 and Cubase 5 multi channel audio

Many thanks Vic - should have read the Cubase 5 manual more carefully I guess ! Works fine now, thanks.

Go Back to forum