• Register
  • Help

Topic: Looking for Gigastudio 4

Share/Bookmark

Looking for Gigastudio 4

Hello,

I've been a long time Gigastudio user and I'm quite happy with it. I'm currently working with GS3 Orchestra on a Windows 7 machine (!!). As I feel the need to migrate to a 64bits system I'm looking for a GS4 copy.

Would someone here be interested in selling me a GS4 upgrade (or a full one) ?

You can PM me if necesssary.

Thanks for helping me,
    MichaŽl

Re: Looking for Gigastudio 4

It seems as though this store still has some copies, upgrade or full...

front end audio

http://www.frontendaudio.com/Product...ode=9999-02437

Quote Originally Posted by Mikhail View Post
    Hello,

I've been a long time Gigastudio user and I'm quite happy with it. I'm currently working with GS3 Orchestra on a Windows 7 machine (!!). As I feel the need to migrate to a 64bits system I'm looking for a GS4 copy.

Would someone here be interested in selling me a GS4 upgrade (or a full one) ?

You can PM me if necesssary.

Thanks for helping me,
    MichaŽl
    So you have GS3 working on W7?
    GS4 will not work on W7 64 if your card doesn't support GSIF 2.1. So few of them do.

@Tradivoro : thank you for the link but there are no more copies left.

Quote Originally Posted by kitekrazy View Post
    So you have GS3 working on W7?
    GS4 will not work on W7 64 if your card doesn't support GSIF 2.1. So few of them do.
    I forgot to mention I have an RME HDSP 9652 (which supports GSIF2.1 afaik), but I mainly use GS3's Rewire capabilities in conjunction with Cubase 5 to mix my projects.

If you're interested in installing GS3 on W7, I can try to write down a short howto (only based on my own experience though) when I have free time.

In a few words, you must use W7 compatibility mode when installing it. But most importantly you must deactivate Quicksound's file activity detection as soon as you can (that means right after installation ends or during the configuration procedure) in order to avoid crashes. However, once that is done, you can still request a full Quicksound database refresh and use it normally when you're working as long as the auto completion feature is disabled.

I can say GS3 is now pretty stable on my W7 computer ! Furthermore the infamous memory trick is now irrelevant and GS3 would quite naturally use the all the allowed memory (roughly 1.2 Gb). Performance is also much better (shorter loading times).

MichaŽl

If you're interested in installing GS3 on W7, I can try to write down a short howto (only based on my own experience though) when I have free time.

MichaŽl
    Detailing the howto would be appreciated by me, but no hurry.
    Thank you!

@Tradivoro : thank you for the link but there are no more copies left.

I forgot to mention I have an RME HDSP 9652 (which supports GSIF2.1 afaik), but I mainly use GS3's Rewire capabilities in conjunction with Cubase 5 to mix my projects.

In a few words, you must use W7 compatibility mode when installing it. But most importantly you must deactivate Quicksound's file activity detection as soon as you can (that means right after installation ends or during the configuration procedure) in order to avoid crashes. However, once that is done, you can still request a full Quicksound database refresh and use it normally when you're working as long as the auto completion feature is disabled.

I can say GS3 is now pretty stable on my W7 computer ! Furthermore the infamous memory trick is now irrelevant and GS3 would quite naturally use the all the allowed memory (roughly 1.2 Gb). Performance is also much better (shorter loading times).

MichaŽl
    GS3 won't install on W7x64.

Quote Originally Posted by kitekrazy View Post
    GS3 won't install on W7x64.
    Yep... that's why I'm looking for GS4

This came up in an other thread.
    http://www.soundlib.com/gplayer/

There is also MOTU's mach5 as an alternative.

Yep... that's why I'm looking for GS4
    My cards don't support GSIF 2.1 (giga 64 bit). I assume you do. If not, stick with 32 bit.

Hello.
    I was dissapointed to find that the MOTU 242 card with the MK3 2408 soe NOT support the 64 bit platform. I approached MOTU at NAMM and they seemed to tho think it should BUT admitted that it they were not going to bother with allocated any resource to help the gigastudio users. I did load GS4 on windows 7 and it ran great but fell into rewire.
    I was going to invest in RME but after looking at the risk of this investment and the no support for GS4 I now continue to runn it in 32 bit on a faster machine with more memory and it is pretty stable.

If there are any good techs who know how to fix the MOTU driver let me know (LOL)

Its there any soft samples still avialble for Gigastudio?
    Thanks.

Go Back to forum