• Register
  • Help

Topic: Trilian and Logic 8

Share/Bookmark

Trilian and Logic 8

I'm still using Logic 8. I'm not moving to 9 until the memory issues have been sorted out or until the few 3rd party plugins I use have gone to 64 bit--whichever comes first.

I see many complaints about Trilian and Logic 9, but can anyone give me any feedback on the plug's performance in Logic 8? I need a decent bass library, and the sounds are remarkable. But I don't want to purchase a headache if I can possibly avoid it.

Thanks for relating any experiences you may have had.

Joe

iMac quad-core i7, 8G RAM, external firewire hard drives (1 for samples, 1 for audio files)

Re: Trilian and Logic 8

Note that any complaints you've may have read about Memory performance with Trilian were very likely written BEFORE the release of the memory server in version 1.2 (which is available as a Public Beta now and will be released officially on the 22nd)

Memory access is no longer a big issue with Trilian or Omnisphere on either 32-bit or 64-bit systems. See this article for more details:

http://www.spectrasonics.net/news/20...spectrasonics/

Re: Trilian and Logic 8

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Stoner View Post
    I'm still using Logic 8. I'm not moving to 9 until the memory issues have been sorted out or until the few 3rd party plugins I use have gone to 64 bit--whichever comes first.
    FWIW, I believe you'll find the "memory issues" with Logic 9 are due, not to Logic 9 using more memory than Logic 8, but rather Logic 9 has a low memory warning feature which Logic 8 lacks. In other words, you can get into a dangerous low memory condition equally easily in Logic 8 and Logic 9. The difference is you're more likely to be aware of it in Logic 9 because of the warning it provides.

Regarding waiting for 64 bit plugins: While all Spectrasonics plugins are available in 64 bit, Logic 9.1 includes a bridge which allows you to use 32 bit plugins in the 64 bit version of Logic.

- Glenn

Go Back to forum