• Register
  • Help

Topic: cheerful KH new strings

Share/Bookmark

cheerful KH new strings

long time since my last post, but I'm so happy with the new Hunter strings I wanted to share a little piece...

http://www.robertosoggetti.com/cheerful.mp3

Post Re: cheerful KH new strings

Hi, OldBob

I also have the new Concert Strings II from Kirk. It's taking a while to learn all the new features, but may I offer a suggestion: somewhere around 0:50 and 1:00 there is a long legato passage in the violins. Not knowing if this is supposed to be a true slurred legato passage, but to my ears it sounds kind of "lumpy". In other words its not as fluid as the passage at 0:28.

Assuming you're playing this piece through a sequencer, you might try shutting off the Velocity Attack (keyswitch C1) during such long legato phrases. This is one of the neatest features of Kirk's new strings, and adds a great deal of fluidity to legato passages like these. That, and the three levels of marcato add a lot of flexibility. But, there's so much more to learn with this new library. This is going to take me a while to learn it all.

Steve

Re: cheerful KH new strings

thanks Steve, I'll try your suggestion... I hope you'll be posting some music done with KH CSII as I feel they really can shine in the right hands.

Clear and pristine are the words that came in my mind at the first listening. Your nice melody is very well served with this library.

SergeD

thank you Serge!

Quote Originally Posted by oldbob View Post
    long time since my last post, but I'm so happy with the new Hunter strings I wanted to share a little piece...

http://www.robertosoggetti.com/cheerful.mp3
    hey...a great job you did on this!
    - it's always much more difficult to write something cheerful (in a major key) than something dramatical or melancholic emotional (minor key)...bit your melody is really good and uplifting!
    - these fast runnings are very convincing for a library without sampled intervals!

Quote Originally Posted by GigaLove View Post
    - it's always much more difficult to write something cheerful (in a major key) than something dramatical or melancholic emotional (minor key)...
    this is so true, Giga... also, if you want to evoke a feeling of simple joy, you are confined to the use of triadic harmony. It might be polytonal, but the building blocks have to be triads... thanks for listening!

Beautiful Roberto. Very "live" sound and a great melody.

Jack
    Jack Cannon--MacBook Pro (2015, 13") GPO4/5, JABB3, Auth. STEINWAY, YAMAHA CFX, Gofriller CELLO, Stradivari VIOLIN, COMB2, WORLD, HARPS, PIPE ORGANS, FINALE 2014.5, Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 9.5, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express, MacBook Pro (2012, 13") 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Great work Bob, very nice piece and great programming of the strings, sounded very realistic...

thanks a lot, Jack and tradivoro!

Go Back to forum