• Register
  • Help

Topic: Garritan to Finale 2010

Unhappy Garritan to Finale 2010

I'm trying integrate the garritan library that im so excited to finally hear, into my copy of finale 2010. However, I can't seem to have finale integrate the instruments, so that I can select them for compositions. Can anybody help? I've looked everywhere.

Notes: I have the GPO vst and previous vst as active plugins, but when I make the previous (lame sounding[smart music softsynth]) vst inactive, nothing will play. When setting up a new composition, and it asks what instrument set to use, the smartmusic softsynth is the only selectable one- no garritan. Even when I set the Garritan Vst to be used for channels 1-16, it insists on using the lame smartsynth, even if i make it inactive.

I guess my question is:
    How do I get the Garritan instrument list recognized, if the Garritan VST is already recognized, so that I may use it in Finale 2010?

Re: Garritan to Finale 2010

Hello Dickii512 and a warm welcome to our forums.

I use Finale 2010 with GPO4 Aria and I can reassure you that GPO4 and Aria work fabulously together.

First, you don't mention any of the following:

(a) Are you using Windows or Mac?
    (b) Is your operating system 32 or 64 Bit?
    (c) Which version of GPO do you have. Do you have the latest GPO4 with Aria or the previous KP2 version?

The problem is probably to do with not having the correct files in your Finale 2010 VST Folder. I am going to guess that you are using Windows 7 32 Bit and have the latest GPO4 Aria and work on that assumption. Please do the following:

(1) Please go to your Finale 2010 VST folder; the default path for this is (Windows); C:\Program Files\Finale 2010\FinaleVST.
    (2) In the Finale 2010 VST Folder for GPO4 Aria you should have the following files:

* ARIA Player VST_x86.dll
    * gpofull4instrument.txt

The above files should have been installed to your Finale folder when installing GPO4. If the ARIA Player VST_x86.dll is missing you should find this in the Garritan folder. The default path for this is: C:\Program Files\Garritan\ARIA Player\VST. If you are unable to find them file try a search of your system.

If you are using anything different to my assumption then the paths and filenames will be different or there may be another reason for the problem there.

Please post back with more information if my assumption is wrong regarding your system details.
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

Re: Garritan to Finale 2010

Hi Duckii512

I had the same problem a few days ago, and it is easy to solve ( in my case ) . Michael_UK almost wrote it in his last post...lol. GPO4 MUST be installed after Finale ( for it to write the needed files in Finale VST )

Hope it help

Max Freniere

Go Back to forum