• Register
  • Help

Topic: Most playable strings, Simon Phillips style drums

Share/Bookmark

Most playable strings, Simon Phillips style drums

Hi

Been away for quite some time and checking out what's new out there. Specifically, I'm looking for

1: The most "playable" string library out there. I mean, rather than arranging and tweaking each section, I'd like a library / instrument that enables me to play what I have in mind more or less instantly. This probably means I'll have to compromise in terms of realism, but I'd be willing to accept that in favour of a creative / intuitive workflow. Maybe features like Kirk Hunter's DivisiLive go into the right direction for what I'm looking for? Opinions? Recommendations?

2: A Simon Phillips (Tama Starclassic) style drum library. There used to be a product (I think it was calls Artist Drums) or something, but I remember not being very excited about the sound quality. Anything better available now?

Thanks
    Diego

Re: Most playable strings, Simon Phillips style drums

Quote Originally Posted by AuraCore View Post
    Hi

Been away for quite some time and checking out what's new out there. Specifically, I'm looking for

1: The most "playable" string library out there. I mean, rather than arranging and tweaking each section, I'd like a library / instrument that enables me to play what I have in mind more or less instantly. This probably means I'll have to compromise in terms of realism, but I'd be willing to accept that in favour of a creative / intuitive workflow. Maybe features like Kirk Hunter's DivisiLive go into the right direction for what I'm looking for? Opinions? Recommendations?

2: A Simon Phillips (Tama Starclassic) style drum library. There used to be a product (I think it was calls Artist Drums) or something, but I remember not being very excited about the sound quality. Anything better available now?

Thanks
    Diego
    1. LASS is extremely playable and actually sounds incredibly realistic and organic. What it does, it does really well, but it doesn't have ALL the possible articulations that some libraries have. Anyway, what it does, it does really well. Check out the portamento/glissando and spiccato-demos on the website. Also listen to viola-demos, you can hear the solistic quality of the strings there.

It has really good separate divisi sections which means you can create authentic divisi in a sequencer and you can switch from a section to another with the same midi-data and it should work on every section the same way (you have all the same glissandos etc), but if you're looking to play a string orchestra with your keyboard and have the divisi split automatically, this doesn't (at least yet) happen with LASS. Otherwise I can only recommend it and I have no bad things to say about it. www.audiobro.com
    Film Composer - www.juhanalehtiniemi.com
    My latest project: Our first indie pop -single, produced in Ableton Live, available also on iTunes and Amazon
    Mac Pro 6-core 3.33GHz

Re: Most playable strings, Simon Phillips style drums

Quote Originally Posted by AuraCore View Post
    Hi

Thanks
    Diego
    hi, Artist drums is not perfect, and very old, but it's the closest sample library to simon sound and playing (there are loops from simon as well), as it was recorded with simon...

i did a song with the simon library . you can listen to the "jedi crisis end titles" tune i did here :

http://uvumi.com/#didiermartini/songs/albums/23/72/1

Go Back to forum