• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Pizzicato Polka by Johann & Josef Strauss

Share/Bookmark

Pizzicato Polka by Johann & Josef Strauss

Hi everyone,

Here is the Pizzicato Polka written by Johann and Josef Strauss.

It's done with GPO only.

I hope you'll enjoy it.

Cheers,

Fred.
    There is no spoon.

Re: Pizzicato Polka by Johann & Josef Strauss

I haven't heard this one in years. You definitely understand mixing and many of the nuances in the use of Keyswitches and CCs. My hat of to you.
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by RichR View Post
    I haven't heard this one in years. You definitely understand mixing and many of the nuances in the use of Keyswitches and CCs. My hat of to you.
    Thanks Rich!

The version you've heard is only a preview. I'm currently tuning the nuances.
    The new version will rock!

As I messed up with my previous post, I decided to give up for a while with Mozart. Strauss is easier for me, so I made this famous polka.

I'm glad you liked it.

Fred.
    There is no spoon.

Great!!!!!!!.... and don't give up Mozart.

Raymond

I'm glad you enjoyed it too Raymond.

I have updated the file. I have reviewed the velocities and humanized them.

I hope you'll like this new version.

Cheers,

Fred.
    There is no spoon.

Nice work, Fred! The Pizzicato sounded very well executed, and the little bells were charming!
    Thank you.

Best regards,
    sd cisco

Hi Fred,

Another charmer from you ... very enjoyable piece! I've always loved 'modern' pizzacati-centric pieces (some Leroy Anderson pieces and David Rose's "Holiday For Strings" come to mind).

You really do create stellar mixes that truly showcase your music ... very nice job.

Regards,

Frank

Very good mix, and a very natural rubato. The whole is very musical. I don't think all "real" orchestras are able to get this sound. And it's a fun piece, of course. Nice!
    Theo

Gday Fred,

Pizzicato polka? I grew up with this music until I wandered off into classics and jazz. It is really nice and refreshing.

Strauss, Strauss who? The meaning of the German word “Strauss” is a bunch of flowers. There is Oscar Straus, who changed the spelling of his name by deleting an “s” at the end of his name, not to be confused with the other Strausses. There is Johann Strauss 1, Austrian, the father of Johann Strauss 2 and of Josef Strauss. Both, Johann Strauss 2 and Josef Strauss composed the pizzicato polka as you point out. My favorite Strauss is Richard Strauss, unrelated and German, not Austrian. There are many other Strausses.

Fred, your midi editing and recording is well done within the constraints of GPO. My only criticism is that you have overdone the dynamics. Look at your audio file in an audio editor while you listen to it. It shows graphically what I mean in respect to your audio file’s dynamics.

Best wishes,

Herbert
    Last edited by sonata5920; 02-21-2010 at 05:21 AM. Reason: typo
    GPO, JABB, CMB, GWI, GOFRILLER, HALION PLAYER, ACCORDIONS by E Tarilonte
    Cubase 6, Notation Composer, VSTHost, GoldWave audio editor.

Interests:
    Good Food, Gemütlichkeit, Wein Weib und Gesang – History, Politics, Civil Law –
    Electronics, Software Development, Physics – Plant Physiology, Creative Horticulture –
    Photography, Painting, Wood Working - Midi Orchestration, Music, Music, und Musik …

Thanks to all of you!

I'm glad you enjoyed this piece.
    I planned to rebuild the full orchestral version of the Pizzicato Polka and also the "Neu Pizzicato Polka" for strings orchestra from the same composer.

@Herbert: I know there are plenty of Strauss. But the most famous are Johann Strauss (father and son) either you want it or not. Also, there are not thousands of "Pizzicato Polka by Strauss"...

The render with GPO is good. I am agree with Herbert, the differences of dynamics is due to the fact that GPO does not handle divisi. I have tried with a library that handle divisi and the difference of dynamics is much softer.

Cheers,

Fred.
    There is no spoon.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast