• Register
  • Help

Topic: that thread got me to try and push QLB

Share/Bookmark

that thread got me to try and push QLB

So I tried to mimic an old horn example Thomas put up that I liked the sound of

I use donly QLB to get this with a bit of EQ and manipulation and reverb.

Its not perfect jsut because I played it in realtime and I\'m a horrid Keyboard player...as well I think I can do better but check it out ..a little work and you can get and ok sound. I think with another horn form anothr library in there and I can make a good sounding section
    www.musicyouneed.com/horns

I\'ll post my EQ tips and tricks later tonight after a movie in teh user tips section..elts get back on track in making these libraries sound better WHILE we wait for the newest and greatest libraries

------------------
    Really...I am an Idiot

Re: that thread got me to try and push QLB

actually this is an edit that i\'m putting in a double post...

With no work at all you can get a really good sound. With a little bit of work youcan get a Bigger sound . And possibly with more a really great sound....

------------------
    Really...I am an Idiot

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KingIdiot:
    actually this is an edit that i\'m putting in a double post...

With no work at all you can get a really good sound. With a little bit of work youcan get a Bigger sound . And possibly with more a really great sound....

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Alright KI, is the movie over yet? What EQing and stuff did you do to the sample to get the sound?

yah yah the movies over...American Outlaw... man did Trevor Rabin reuse his old stuff on that one... I actually have to say that I really didn\'t like the score for it... a.. and the movie was not that great either...some good parts but overall not that great.

anyway I posted another one up this time with bones as well
    www.musicyouneed.com/horns

there is way too much verb on this one and I\'m not too happy with it but I was having computer problems and jsut went with it..sicne its a basic test

I\'ll post a thread in the user tips and tricks about the EQ and other stuff

------------------
    Really...I am an Idiot

[This message has been edited by KingIdiot (edited 08-15-2001).]

By the way all of you who do download the clips. I\'d liekt o get your comments on the sound. I\'d like to improve it the best I can and thats only gonna happen with \"other ears\". I definitely hear little problems with the EQ. It needs a real tight pull in the low mids to take out that \"muffled\" sound I think it neeeds to be done after the verb tho.

------------------
    Really...I am an Idiot

Sounds really good. How did you do it?

hey Nick. I posted a thread up in the user tips and tricks forum
    http://www.northernsounds.com/ubb/NonCGI/Forum17/HTML/000078.html

It srot of gives the details. not down to specifics but more than the basics of what I did to get the sound.

there is a third one up that combines QLB and AO, as well as some quick edits I did of a QLB French horn sample..but since its only one sample transposed too high it sounds a bit metalic. I was trying to simulate the sound that is actually in the hook recording. It will take a bit more effor tho wince one note in particular doesn\'t have the FF ring that I want. I\'ll need to use a \"nearby\" sample or do some formant shifting. I just tried to get more \"depth\" not really reverb. I think with a touch of basic reverb it will \"smooth out\" in a mix. Still ahve to really try writing something and seeing if it works. Soon enough I\'ll post something.

Anyhow, any suggestions on what could be better? Or other tricks you might have?

I want to try building a Crossfading patch for the sections. Should sound ok since it is ensembles. Have you tried it yet?

------------------
    Really...I am an Idiot

Go Back to forum