• Register
  • Help

Topic: Recording MIDI Output To Audio - Kontakt and Sonar

Share/Bookmark

Recording MIDI Output To Audio - Kontakt and Sonar

I am using GPO and JABB in Kontakt via MIDI tracks in Sonar and this plays back perfectly.

Now I want to record the MIDI output from Kontakt to an audio track in sonar but am having no success. I asked in the Sonar forums and had some suggestions including selecting the MIDI track then bouncing to Audio and pressing the freeze button. Whatever I try it just doesn't happen.

I would have thought that this would have been a really easy and straightforward task for the mighty Sonar. Clearly I am at fault and am missing something here.

As a trial I have setup a single MIDI track output to Kontakt and added a single audio track. Can anyone here give me a step-by-step to record what I hear through MIDI output in sonar to the audio track.

Thanks.
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

Re: Recording MIDI Output To Audio - Kontakt and Sonar

Suppose:

Kontakt Player 1 has as instrument violins1, sitting at St.2 and channel 1;
    The Midi track in Sonar has at the left side:
    a. I --> input from your Midi tool, I always set it to Omni;
    b. O--> assign this to KontaktPlayer 1;
    c. CH --> assign this to channel 1

You called for the KP2 player probably with All Synth Audio Output Stereo, so you have now the Synth Output track which also has:
    a. I --> here you type in/select KontaktPlayer 2 st.2 Stereo
    b. O--> the SONAR bus where it must go (your Audio system?)

If you don't have that All Synth Audio Output then insert an Audio track in Sonar and fill in the same data as above.

It is quite late, so if it doesn't work this way.... forgive me.

Raymond

1. Edit->Select->None
    2. Ctrl-click the Kontakt synth track(s) and the MIDI track(s) you want to render.
    3. Edit->Bounce to track

Reegs is correct. You have to have both the midi track and the Kontakt player track highlighted in order to bounce to track. You can also do as I do and export to an audio file (from the file menu) but there too you have to have the sampler highlighted as well as the midi track or tracks you want to convert to audio. Hope this discussion helps.
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

Raymond, Reegs and Rich,

Thank you very much for your replies. This was a great help and now everything is working perfectly.

Before posting I had spent hours trying to record to that audio track. Now it takes seconds to start the recording.
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

Go Back to forum