• Register
  • Help

Topic: Anyone Having This Problem with Omnisphere?

Share/Bookmark

Anyone Having This Problem with Omnisphere?

OK, this is a weird one.

In Logic, when I call up a pad in Omnisphere, I can sit there and play it with the transport stopped just fine. But as soon as I press PLAY or RECORD, sustained chords start getting a "bump"...here and there. It's as if someone is quickly pulling my pitch wheel and letting go!

No other midi tracks are assigned to Omnisphere.

Just bizarre.

Anybody?

Thanks
    Tom
    "Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons." --Popular Mechanics, forecasting the relentless march of science, 1949

Re: Anyone Having This Problem with Omnisphere?

A similar problem I've encountered is with Omnisphere patches that sustain over a tempo change. I get a glitch at the moment of the tempo change similar to what you describe. I'm using Logic Studio 9 on an 8 core Mac Pro with 10gb RAM. It was a problem that never occurred with Atmosphere. Of course STEAM is a new engine. But I'm unable to sustain any Omnisphere sounds over tempo changes. I could understand with patches that follow tempo, but it occurs with any patch.

I've lived with it...but would love to know if others are experiencing this and if there's a solution.

Sure. the issue is that it's likely the Chorus Echo in those patches. When the tempo changes, the delay time changes which affects the pitch of the delays.

Almost all the patches in Omnisphere are set to Chorus Echo FX set to BPM mode, so this would likely be an issue whenever you have tempo changes.

To solve the issue, simply bypass that effect or take it out of BPM mode if that works better for you to set the delays manually and not have them following all the tempo changes.

You can try the BPM Delays too.

Too cool, thanks guys, that is almost definitely what is happening...I am using big pads over tempo changes! Makes sense, and explains why other times (during steady BPM songs) it doesn't do it.

Great forum, mystery solved!

Thanks
    Tom
    "Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons." --Popular Mechanics, forecasting the relentless march of science, 1949

A simple solution from the Spectrasonics Big Dog himself. I should have asked sooner.

Thanks, Eric!

Go Back to forum