• Register
  • Help

Topic: Treasure Hunt Adventure(trombone ensemble demo)

Share/Bookmark

Treasure Hunt Adventure(trombone ensemble demo)

This is a demo for trombone ensemble (VSL downloads) but with full orchestra.
    To not confuse one brass with another I did not use any other brass except for trombone ensemble. So the brass you hear is always tromb ensemble.

Treasure Hunt Adventure

As always, I enjoy getting feedback from you!

Thanks!

Guy

Re: Treasure Hunt Adventure(trombone ensemble demo)

Are people on this forum tired of me posting my demos? lol

i don't think so. i know i'm not. keep posting the awesome music.
    -Keith Fuller

http://keithfullermusic.com
    ---
    iMac Quad i7 * MacBook Pro * Logic Studio 9 * WD 320GB & 1TB Externals@7,200RPM * Presonus Firebox * M-Audio Axiom 25 & Keystation 61 * Rode NT1-A * Epiphone Hollowbody * Fender Amp * KRK Rokit 8's

Hi Guy,
    i feel you.
    it can get pretty lonely out here........

Anyways-regarding the piece.
    Great stuff as usual. Wouldnt expect any less from you!
    One minor critique from me would be that the repeating arpeggiopattern is getting a bit tiring after a while.
    Its kinda of a relief when it finally stops after like the first third of the piece.
    Maybe if it was mixed more into the background like a wash and played by a real orchestra it wouldnt sound as repetive.

best
    Hans

Thanks for your comments Keith and Hans!

Hans, I agree, it was probably 1 or 2 bars too long just before the change.

Thanks!

Guy

Guy, your unique gift is to pull out of thin air, extremely appropriate music to host your "demo'd" instrument of choice.

Your mention that there is no other brass so the listener is not mislead is just superb!

I have noticed that a number of your demos lately are showcasing "download" instruments. The only brass library I downloaded from VSL is Epic Horns and I love that library. I just hate it when I can't create my dynamics without a mod wheel (expression). I could set up the mod-wheel to effect CC11, but the engine still would not alter the sonic growl as I go from pp to ff. Am I correct? Perhaps this feature is available in the other more expensive (non-downloadable) VSL libraries.

I remember some awesome sounding french horns in the FREE VSL demo samples included with the full version of Kontakt2.
    Those horns were controllable with the mod-wheel.

As always, I love your work!
    Dan

Quote Originally Posted by DPDAN View Post
    I just hate it when I can't create my dynamics without a mod wheel (expression). I could set up the mod-wheel to effect CC11, but the engine still would not alter the sonic growl as I go from pp to ff. Am I correct? Perhaps this feature is available in the other more expensive (non-downloadable) VSL libraries.
    Dan, I don't have any VSL Instruments, but I think you can set up CC1 to affect velocity cross-fade.

Hi Dan,

Thanks for the nice words!

I don't understand why you are not getting velocity control. It should, even with the downloads, in fact for this demo I used the download lib for the tromb. Something seems not connecting right. My knowledge of these things ends about with my gear but I'm sure someone could chime in and see what the problem is.

I'll check it out more
    Dan

Go Back to forum