• Register
  • Help

Topic: Vienna Suite and MIR

Share/Bookmark

Vienna Suite and MIR

Hi,

Im inspired to ask about this from Marko's recent post using MIR. (Very nice writing there too Marko - I just don't want to hijack)

Would anyone be able to answer these pretty basic question(s):
    1. Does the Vienna suite include MIR
    2. Is MIR available as a standalone
    3. How much use are these app's if your sample base is largely non-VSL?
    4. I'm pretty sure this all works on a 64bit PC platform - but would appreciate any confirmation.

Thanks very much.

Re: Vienna Suite and MIR

upsider,

1. No. Vienna Suite and Mir are separate. One does not include the other, but Vienna Suite can be used inside MIR (though this may have some redundancy).

2. MIR, I think, is available only as a standalone application.

3. MIR does host other VSTs. You can find a list of these at the VSL site. It depends on what applications you're using.

4. MIR is 64 bit only. Vienna Suite has a 32 and 64 bit application.

I think these responses are right, but please correct me if I'm mistaken.

Marko

Thanks for the information Marko. I really enjoy Altiverb but 64 bit conv reverb like this is very tempting. I don't think Altiverb have any plans for 64 bit as far as I know.

Quote Originally Posted by upsider View Post
    Thanks for the information Marko. I really enjoy Altiverb but 64 bit conv reverb like this is very tempting. I don't think Altiverb have any plans for 64 bit as far as I know.
    Altiverb 7 IS going to be 64 bit, but it's not so clear, when the release is scheduled.

VEPro is a great VST host (64-bit and 32-bit working simutaniously on mac and PC), except for the crappy East West Libraries. On the other hand Play Libraries are pretty unstable and consuming in Logic as well. I'm sure this won't improve, cause they wanna sell their own Lan hosting software ...

Mir is great for hosting VSL sounds, may also host other VST, but you get most out of it using VSL. The mir engine "knows" the frequency spectrum of all available VSL-Sound and can apply the IRs accordingly. You get an instant great sound out of the box, just by opening an instrument and positioning it in the room (GUI). I haven't tried yet how well that works for third party VSTis ...

Quote Originally Posted by upsider View Post
    Hi,

Im inspired to ask about this from Marko's recent post using MIR. (Very nice writing there too Marko - I just don't want to hijack)

Would anyone be able to answer these pretty basic question(s):
    1. Does the Vienna suite include MIR
    2. Is MIR available as a standalone
    3. How much use are these app's if your sample base is largely non-VSL?
    4. I'm pretty sure this all works on a 64bit PC platform - but would appreciate any confirmation.

Thanks very much.
    Hi Upsider,

thanks for your interest in Vienna MIR! Most of your questions should be answered thoroughly on MIR's homepage -> http://vsl.co.at/en/211/497/1687/455/1287.htm ... please use the navigation on the left side for more details. For in depth info, feel free to download MIR's manual here: -> http://vsl.co.at/en/68/428/709/239.htm

While we're at it - it is important to understand that MIR is not "just another reverb". It is a unique, intuitive combination of both established and brand new concepts for spatial mixing of virtually created orchestral (and any other kind of) music.

Kind regards,

Go Back to forum