• Register
  • Help

Topic: Tight rhytmic patterns - Best way?

Share/Bookmark

Tight rhytmic patterns - Best way?

Hi guys,

I was wondering what the best way is too create tight rhytmic (chord) patterns independent of soundsource? I've used the arpeggiator for this but I think the modulators will do a better job.
    For instance the percussive synth on Miss Independent (Ne-Yo) and the bass synth on I.Y.A. (Chris Brown) how are these likely created? Or to put it in another way how to 'quickly' create patches that are 8th or 16th patterns?

Maybe it's a no brainer answer - use the modulators but I still would like some opinions/experiences.

Tx, Harry

Re: Tight rhytmic patterns - Best way?

if you are talking about Omnisphere one advantage of using something like an envelope to inject rhythmic modulation to a soundsource is that you can use ramps (linear, convex or concave) to connect two points in an envelope which is great for all kinds of reverse and sucking artifacts that make the groove more interesting.
    Actually there are several presetshapes that you can select in Omnisphere for every point in an envelope to create everything from buzzy spikes to soft rounded bumpers.

Hi Hans,

Tx, yes i'm talking about Omni. I've played around with amplitude envelopes which will work, just have to try out the different options to see how to get the best result. Presets are helpfull indeed.

Omni gives you two different sets of presets in the envelope section.
    You can load complete presetenvelopes but you can also select from several shapes when you rightclick on any point in an existing envelope.
    Makes creating complex shapes a childsplay.

Yeah...and, in case you haven't seen it yet, check out that video with Diego Stocco at NAMM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roshi Ai View Post
    Yeah...and, in case you haven't seen it yet, check out that video with Diego Stocco at NAMM.
    Yes I've seen that, cool and helpfull. Grasping the concepts now and will dive into this to experiment.

Tx

Go Back to forum