• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Orchestral essay - Using GPO

Orchestral essay - Using GPO

Hello everyone,

I'm new in this forum, my name is Charles et I'm from France ( sorry by advance for my bad English expression !).

I just purchased GPO4 few weeks ago, and I'm totally enjoying it !! I'm actually trying to learn by myself harmony, Orchestration, musical composition etc, and I think GPO is very educative in that way. Moreover, I find amazing all the univers created around GPO, like the forum, principles of orchestration... All the tips and advices we can find here from talentued people are really helpfull for me.

Anyway, I would like to share one of my little Orchestral essay (not finished yet, sorry for that), made using my GPO. Please don't hesitate to leave your comments and advices on orchestration, realism, mixing or musical writing.

Thanks in advance, and have a nice day.

Smile Re: Orchestral essay - Using GPO

Hello Charles,

Bienvenue! Welcome!

I like what I hear and I think you are doing a great job in learning all at the same time!

Even though it is unfinished one can hear the work you put in
    and that you have talent and all that's needed to create good music.

I shall look forward to hear it finished and any other of your future works!

Southern Ontario, Canada

Re: Orchestral essay - Using GPO

Hello Charles and Welcome to the Forum!
    This is a great start, dramatic and dynamic with elements of the entire orchestra participating!
    Thanks for sharing, I look forward to more of your music!

Best regards,
    sd cisco

Hi Yudit,

Thanks a lot for your comment, I really appreciate your support !

I will post as soon as possible the rest of my musical work

Hi sd cisco,

Thanks for your comment and your welcome too !

Well, it's pretty good. It has a natural flow, some variation, development, decent sound, what more do you want? If you want to achieve total realism, you still have some work to do (tweaking things, like eq, reverb, the legato, gaps between notes, attack speeds, etc. etc.), but the piece sounds good as it is.

As to the writing: I think the piece now reaches a point where you have to make a break, introduce another theme, try another chord progression, modulate, whatever you like, without losing relation to the first part, but that's up to you, of course.

So far, so good! I like it.

Darmstadt, Germany

Whow, this is fantastic!! How beautiful in melody, harmonies and an gorgous instrumentation. Would you mind making the midi file available? I would love to study the score!

Suburban NYC

Hi Charles,

Welcome! ... And don't ever worry at this site about language! We are all here from all around the world for the music .

And what wonderful music you have posted for us! Your piece was a very enjoyable listen and I look forward to hearing how your piece evolves.

BTW, nice use of the harp.

Wow! I LOVE the grand, sweeping feel of this. Beautiful work. Definitely keep us posted as it progresses.

I'm learning the same way you are. I agree, GPO is excellent for this!

Excellent Charles, and welcome to Northern Sounds!

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast