• Register
  • Help

Topic: lowering octaves when using flutes on a 61 key keyboard

Share/Bookmark

lowering octaves when using flutes on a 61 key keyboard

Hi,

I have purchased GPO4 and am relatively new to using such libraries.
    My question is the following :-

I have a korg X50 synthesizer which i use as a midi controller for GPO (and GPO4 is used as a VST in cubase). My korg X50 is a 61 key keyboard. When i choose Alto flute form the library for example, I see that the notes are beyond the 61 keys that I have (So I cant play all the notes). Is there a way to map the flute keys notes that it falls within the 61 key range. By doing this, I can play the whole range of flute using a 61 key key board or is it a fact that you should have a 88 key keyboard to use the GPO4 flutes?

Suggestions and answers are appriciated.
    Thanks in advance.

-Raghu.

Re: lowering octaves when using flutes on a 61 key keyboard

Hi Raghu,

Welcome!

Korg doesn't seem to make it easy with this particular keyboard, but you can adjust the X50 to move octaves up and down using the SW1 and SW2 buttons.

Download the user manual here:
    http://www.korg.com/uploads/Support/...1541940000.pdf

On page 41 of the guide follow the instructions under SW1.

Best,
    Reegs

Hi Reegs,

Thanks a lot for response.
    But another question before I try this.
    If am using a viola form GPO4 and it falls within the 61 key range, will setting the SW1 and SW2 for the flute key ranges move the range of viola also by an octave?
    Can I not do it only for the flute and keep the other instruments range as they are?
    Thanks again.

-Raghu.

Quote Originally Posted by Reegs View Post
    Hi Raghu,

Welcome!

Korg doesn't seem to make it easy with this particular keyboard, but you can adjust the X50 to move octaves up and down using the SW1 and SW2 buttons.

Download the user manual here:
    http://www.korg.com/uploads/Support/...1541940000.pdf

On page 41 of the guide follow the instructions under SW1.

Best,
    Reegs

Quote Originally Posted by musicmover View Post
    Hi Reegs,

Thanks a lot for response.
    But another question before I try this.
    If am using a viola form GPO4 and it falls within the 61 key range, will setting the SW1 and SW2 for the flute key ranges move the range of viola also by an octave?
    Can I not do it only for the flute and keep the other instruments range as they are?
    Thanks again.

-Raghu.
    The keyboard is only a transmitter, so if you've already recorded material into the computer, it won't be affected by the octave changes on the keyboard. If you're trying to play two instruments at the same time then yes, both instruments will be affected.

Best,
    Reegs

Go Back to forum