• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Scarbee SID XL- dead?

Share/Bookmark

Scarbee SID XL- dead?

Maybe someone knows, I hope..
    When it was released, I had a bit of money situation...Now it`s discontinued..
    Amazing product, sounds wise just (imo) kills all other big guns..You can`t get better sounding drums for funk, jazz, soul music..
    I don`t know, what`s happening between Thomas and Simone, a year ago they both praised each other on their websites about creating such a library (Simone still does), but....it`s discontinued..Thomas was pointing at Simone to get SID from him, Simone isn`t answering at all....I`ve bought Simone`s Old Funk kit-
    sorry, this kit...hm...very basic and limited...waste of money...
    It feels really really sad, that this product is unavailable...They could do a Kontakt version, Battery version...And they could make many people happy...

Maybe there somewhere at some shop are leftovers of this library?
    Thanks.

Re: Scarbee SID XL- dead?

I know it's not what you're asking, but great multitracked drums are available from Simone in a very comprehensive "new" library, unfortunately only for Ableton Live:
    http://www.ableton.com/session-drums
    It's a pity, because I love the sound from the demos but Live is a no-go for me. It would be great if he converts it to other formats as well... let's wait and see.
    Claudio Tassitano
    Samplemodeling.com webmaster
    --
    http://www.soundwavers.com

I really like the sound and playability of SID but you are right: It's time for a relaunch of this library with a little bit of Kontakt scripting may be...
    rothermusic.de

I agree this is one of the best sounding sample sets I have. It's hard for me to use with the clunky halion plug in osx. I have urged Simone to license SID to Toontracks but have never heard back. Really wish I had this library in a better format.

Quote Originally Posted by scf3 View Post
    I agree this is one of the best sounding sample sets I have. It's hard for me to use with the clunky halion plug in osx. I have urged Simone to license SID to Toontracks but have never heard back. Really wish I had this library in a better format.
    A year ago they announced it was going to be released on BFD,
    http://www.fxpansion.com/forum/viewt...d4a55a8dda43d6, then everything went silent

I always loved SID. Never got 'XL' because I hated the Hal 'playah' so much.

I begged Simone and Scarbee to do a Kontakt version but was told it wasn't meant to be.

I hope to heck that it resurfaces but here's the thing...

I just got Steven Slate's basic K3.5 lib for $20 via AudioMidi.com. (One of their 'No-Brainer's) So perhaps the window of opportunity has totally closed.

---JC

So, if I got it right, it`s gone forever, there is no chance to get one now....

Someone still has the sample set. Maybe if people emailed Simone and encouraged him to release it in a better format it might help.

If you have SID and BFD you can probably still buy an inexpensive converter applet from Fxpansion which converts the entire SID library from Halion format to BFD format. Worked fine for me. With BFD 2 you have a much more powerful set of drum sampler features than Kontakt or Halion offer - built in FX (high quality comp, eq, reverb, etc).

I'm hoping to talk to Simone at Musikmesse, in a couple of weeks time. If I see him, will post an update on the Imperial Drums / BFD development over at the thread in the FXpansion forum. I do know that Chocolate Audio, Simone's new sampling company, owns the rights on the samples.
    Angus F. Hewlett, CEO
    FXpansion Audio [www.fxpansion.com]

Go Back to forum