• Register
  • Help

Topic: GJBB and Kontakt 4 sample distortion

GJBB and Kontakt 4 sample distortion

I recently upgraded my DAW to a new computer running Windows 7 64-bit. As long as I was doing that, I decided to upgrade to Sonar 8.5 Producer, Kontakt 4 from version 2.x, etc.

I have the original version of both GPO and GJBB. GPO loaded fine, and all the samples seem OK, except that the initial volume is so high that I get distortion. When I reduce the volume slightly, all is well. Inconvenient, but I can live with that.

However, GJBB is a different story; about half the samples are badly corrupted -- not a volume problem, but severe stuttering. The pianos, etc, seem to be fine, but the horns (all kinds) are trashed.

A previous note to this forum suggested that I use NI Service Center to update both GPO and GJBB, but when I do that, it says that I have the current versions of both. To the best of my recollection, I've never updated either, but maybe I did very early on.

Re: GJBB and Kontakt 4 sample distortion

Hi Doug,

I'd recommend you upgrade to GPO4 too .

Stuttering can be indicative of a number of things. Check out the performance of GPO and JABB through the Kontakt 2 player to rule out it being an effect of K4 changing settings somewhere.

If you still have it, we can check out some other things.

Go Back to forum