• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: QL '56 Strat - Nick Phoenix

Share/Bookmark

QL \'56 Strat - Nick Phoenix

Nick,

I was about to purchase another strat sample library, but I saw your post about this coming out perhaps in November. Could you PLEASE take the time to tell us what samples you will have in this library? I\'m hoping for some leads, chords, strums, etc. It would be awesome if you threw in some distorted versions as well. Please give us some details about this project. Thanks!

Re: QL \'56 Strat - Nick Phoenix

This is the blurb about the library. It\'s completely done but I am having some hassles with the graphics. I think its going to be $299.

Quantum Leap \'56 Stratocaster. 2.4 gigs. 4 cds. Introducing a next generation sample library that captures the pure tone of a \'56 strat played through a Super Twin Reverb amp. 3000 chromatic samples were taken using multiple pickup settings (bridge, neck and notch) and multiple picking styles at 4 different dynamics. This innovative library features groundbreaking new sampling methods. Features include: realistic chord strumming and chugging, pitchless strum and chugging patches, attitude and pick angle control, true legato notes for flowing leads, gracenotes, slides, harmonics, mutes, pops, vibrato, non vibrato, power chords and FX. Add a few plugins and you are ready for anything!

[This message has been edited by Nick Phoenix (edited 08-15-2001).]

Wow, this does sound very nice. When do you expect it to go on sale? I really don\'t need the fancy graphics!

Hi Nick,

Can you please update us on when this library should be available? I am really keeping my fingers crossed on this one.

Nick,

How effective have you found the Revalver modeller? Does it allow you to achieve a range of well imitated amp sounds when using only the clean strat sound as a source?

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chadwick:
    Nick,

How effective have you found the Revalver modeller? Does it allow you to achieve a range of well imitated amp sounds when using only the clean strat sound as a source?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I\'ve used it, yes it does. The problem is that you can\'t plug it directly into GigaStudio yet, and the real mojo comes from hearing it in realtime while you play. Hopefully Michael will finish the Giga version soon, I e-mailed him but have not yet heard back.

Some of the stuff on Rare will be great played through Revalver, too.

>I\'ve used it, yes it does. The problem...<

Isn\'t it also a problem to send an \"already send through an amp\" guitar through an additional amp or amp simulation? You very likely can\'T catch orginal tones this way... can you?

------------------
    O.H.

Original Tones? No, but it can still sound good.

I\'ve been working on samplign my guitar lately with two variations. A direct sound, and a send through the pod. I\'m trying different techniques and may actually jsu do teh direct first and then the distorted one with SEPERATE played samples.
    Its a tough gig guys. I\'ve been wanting to make a very expressive 7-string guitar/Rock guitar sample set mostly for myself and mostly rhythm guitar playing techniques that I was hoping to share with everyone.

I\'ve been doing all sorts of work lately so It wont happen soon, but I wanted to tell everyone that doing something like this s VERY tough, and I\'ve found a new respect for guitar/bass sample developers. Geting an \"evenness\" in the attacks and tone is a very difficult thing to do, and not to mention ITS TEDIOUS to sample full decays

Its proving to be a \"task\" and am looking forward to QLB 56\' strat sut to have a huge guitar library at access fr writing songs with.

------------------
    Really...I am an Idiot

Isn\'t it also a problem to send an \"already send through an amp\" guitar through an additional amp or amp simulation? You very likely can\'T catch orginal tones this way... can you?

------------------

My current electric guitar setup is \"amped\" twice. I run the guitar through a Rocktron Piranha (which is meant to go straight to a power amp, I\'d liken it to a Mesa Boogie Triaxis, but about $600 cheaper (I\'ve owned both) ) then through a Line 6 POD, Rectifier setting. It gives me an extremely heavy sound, but it\'s still clear. Running the guitar through one or the other gives a thinner sound than I\'d prefer. (This is the sound I plan on sampling, for people that want to compose heavy music.)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nick Phoenix:
    It\'s completely done but I am having some hassles with the graphics.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey Nick, how\'s it coming with those graphics? I\'ve got a project coming up in the next couple of weeks that I could really use this library on... Catchy graphics are nice, but I\'ll be honest with you: Once I load the files on my computer, the sample CD goes in a box which is then tucked away behind my rack. It\'s hard to see those graphics from there!

Jake Winkler
    Eager in Seattle

Go Back to forum