• Register
  • Help

Topic: Olympics Music

Share/Bookmark

Olympics Music

During the free skate program at the Winter Olympics, Japan's Mao Asada skated to a haunting classical piece, but cannot remember its name or composer. Here is a link to the video. It starts at the one minute mark if you want to fast forward a little.

http://tinyurl.com/ycl3gow

First to get me the correct answer wins GOLD!!
    Garritan on GarageBand '08 using Intel iMac with 1.5G RAM
    Listen to my collection here

Re: Olympics Music

Hi Schneb

It's Rachmaninov, Prelude in C Sharp Minor, Op. 3, No. 2.

Take Care,
    Steph

Thanks Steph, I knew I could count on you! I hope I can find a copy of that version. The orchestration was awesome.

As sacrilegious as most of Stokowski's orchestrations are, they ARE absolutely brilliant.
    His orchestration of the great Passacaglia in C Minor of Bach is, not to put it too lightly, mind-blowing. It's not Bach anymore, but it's absolutely beautiful orchestral writing.

I wasn't aware he had orchestrated the Rachmaninov prelude. now I'm tempted to buy the whole CD that is from.

A little off topic, but I am unable to see the video because of stupid broadcasting regulations that prohibit NBC from showing competition video to anyone outside the United States. Instead they show me a list of videos about the cauldron, the sports village and other miscellaneous inconsequentia.

Did I just invent a new word?

Go Back to forum