• Register
  • Help

Topic: Omni - cannot update to v1.2

Share/Bookmark

Omni - cannot update to v1.2

Hi, I'm on Win Xp, 32bit. I decided to update all my Spectrasonics instruments. Stylus and Trilian updated ok, but I cannot update Omni. The dll file inside the VST folder is v1.2.0, but the plugin itself still says 1.0.4.f, soundsources are still 1.0.2 ( didn't update as well), only patches are 1.2.0. I tried to run all three updates again, but that didn't solve the problem. Any ideas? Thank you in advance.

Re: Omni - cannot update to v1.2

Whenever you install a VST plugin, you must configure your host to look for plugins in the folder where it was installed. If your host is configured to look in multiple folders, make sure there is only one Omnisphere installed.

- Glenn

There seems to be tons of Omni 1.2 threads already so I thought I'd hijack instead of starting my own.

After installing 1.2 in Cubase SL3 it poofed after 1st run. When loading Cubase 2nd time it started fine however, in my projects (I tried several) Omnisphere is shown under "vst instruments" for that project but it's not listed under outputs for each MIDI track so it's not playing the MIDI tracks.
    So, I reverted back to 1.1.4c which seems to work fine even with the 1.2 patch update. I would have liked to actually use the 1.2 software though

GlennO: is this a known issue?

You'll need a newer version of Cubase to run 1.2. Anything from the past few years, like Cubase 4, will do.

- Glen

Quote Originally Posted by GlennO View Post
    Whenever you install a VST plugin, you must configure your host to look for plugins in the folder where it was installed. If your host is configured to look in multiple folders, make sure there is only one Omnisphere installed.

- Glenn
    Hi Glenn,
    thanks for your help. You were absolutely right. After upgrading Nuendo to v4 I configured it to scan the vstplugins folder of the previous version of Nuendo as well. I really ended up with two instances of Omnisphere .dll file. I just had to remove one instance and reauthorize Omnisphere. So, thanks again for helping me out and spending your time to answer!

Cheers. Lumcas

Go Back to forum